Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   School Shooting (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/school-shooting-31177/)

murraywc 08-31-2010 10:41 PM

School Shooting

We had a school shooting in our area yesterday. I'm surprized I have not seen anything on it on the national news, but no one was injured but the assailant and he was killed by the school resource officer and 2 other deputies that were on the scene within 2 minuet of the call. The man could not get through a locked door and when confronted by the principle he pulled a gun on her at which point the SRO stepped in front of the principle and drew her gun and after trying to talk him down the deputies fired on him fatally wounding him. I just want to praise the SRO for doing a great job to protected everyone in the school espeacially the students.

Chilling 911 tapes reveal tense moments leading up to school shooting | TriCities.com

JohnsonCityPress.com - Local News - Johnson City, TN

jetgirl 08-31-2010 11:07 PM

Wow. I'm surprised I didn't see that on the news, too!
Wonder why not?

A5Mag12 08-31-2010 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetgirl (Post 342259)
Wow. I'm surprised I didn't see that on the news, too!
Wonder why not?

Because a gun on campus saved lives. And we all know guns take life they don't save life. If word got out of this then there would be more and more schools wanting armed officers on campus. Why people might even want to arm some of the teachers.

jetgirl 08-31-2010 11:15 PM

A5Mag12, you've got a point...

dog2000tj 08-31-2010 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A5Mag12 (Post 342264)
If word got out of this then there would be more and more schools wanting armed officers on campus. Why people might even want to arm some of the teachers.

Blasphemy!

:rolleyes:

dunerunner 08-31-2010 11:21 PM

Too much, Darren!!

This one report would sink the "No Gun Zone" philosophy!!

amoroque 08-31-2010 11:29 PM

yep, I think it just did!

murraywc 09-01-2010 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A5Mag12 (Post 342264)
Because a gun on campus saved lives. And we all know guns take life they don't save life. If word got out of this then there would be more and more schools wanting armed officers on campus. Why people might even want to arm some of the teachers.

We have armed SRO on most of our school campuses around here. The sheriff in that county tryed last year to get funding to put them in the middle schools as well as the high schools and was denied. Guess what he got it today. In Johnson City we have one in all schools including the elementary.

gorknoids 09-01-2010 01:54 AM

I feel for the woman who had to shoot that moron. Nobody wants to kill. As for the moron, good riddance. Your death was voluntary, and clearly saved worthy lives. "DRT" as Boortz would say.

murraywc 09-01-2010 11:31 AM

she and the other officers are under standard investigation but the sheriff has already come out and said we must do an investigation but she did nothing wrong and she is a hero.