School me on...LAND - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > School me on...LAND

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 02:20 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 865 Times on 559 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

I have a 40 ac ranch in AZ, Im putting up for sale... Taxes are too much for me, just under $5,000 a year.

It has a well, a small house, 15 horse barn, horse track with 2 horse starting gates.. Its in the boonies, there are other people that live in the area, but they all have 40+ acre ranches..

Development of the area is limited, theres a observatory not far away (Kitt Peak)

Old 01-21-2013, 02:35 PM   #22
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6663 Times on 3545 Posts
Likes Given: 498

Number one after what c3 said is how is the land/property going to pay for itself. Are you willing to eat the tax burden and upkeep burden and insurance burden each year??

Even though property is the number one way to preserve wealth its not typically an investment vehicle in which your going to get rich off of.

If it wasnt for the current overspending by obama i wouldnt have sunk my money into property. For me its a hedge against economic disaster we are facing. I dont forsee gold holding value once the collapse is done and buying current prices at the time wasnt an option.

Originally my plans were to open a bbq restaraunt but not in the current economy. So im just waiting with a rental property paying for itself as a vehicle for holding my wealth.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 01-21-2013, 02:41 PM   #23

Liked 2761 Times on 1798 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38
I know NY is not in your sights but were planning on making it a red state soon! Keep your eyes on NY, things will be changing...
Prices will be going down from people moving out! J/k New York is a nice state. One thing I noticed is the people are much nicer than Ohio.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaglesam

When you say Red State, most states are red. Take Ohio for example, Obama did win Ohio, but he he only won 6 of the 88 counties. Ohio's House has 59 Republicans and 40 Democrats and the senate has 23 Republicans and 10 Democrats. And there is some nice rural land available.
My translation: his votes came from the cities. Ohio has much to offer, including high land prices. I'm in northwest Ohio, where most land is farmland. People remember when they should have bought for $4000 an acre. Southern Ohio in the hills should be much cheaper.

Old 01-21-2013, 02:56 PM   #24

Liked 4667 Times on 2323 Posts
Likes Given: 1086

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Number one after what c3 said is how is the land/property going to pay for itself. Are you willing to eat the tax burden and upkeep burden and insurance burden each year??

Even though property is the number one way to preserve wealth its not typically an investment vehicle in which your going to get rich off of.

If it wasnt for the current overspending by obama i wouldnt have sunk my money into property. For me its a hedge against economic disaster we are facing. I dont forsee gold holding value once the collapse is done and buying current prices at the time wasnt an option.

Originally my plans were to open a bbq restaraunt but not in the current economy. So im just waiting with a rental property paying for itself as a vehicle for holding my wealth.

It's not really an issue of preserving wealth or getting rich. It's just that for the last 4 years I've lived on 68 acres, and my fields are surrounded by woods.
I can snow mobile, hike, hunt, camp, cut trails, use an ATV, shoot guns, ride horses (I haven't done that on the property yet, but I could, and do want to own horses). I have a small garden, apple trees, and a vinyard on the property as well.

I like that lifestyle, and would like to live like that. I like the seclusion, the privacy, and the freedom to do things on my property, and hunt. That's it really.

So I'm looking for low taxes, in a state that won't turn blue like Colorado is...
Old 05-23-2013, 02:37 AM   #25

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts

I have lived on my family's 30 acre farm my whole life and love being able to shoot in my back yard ,go hunting without harassment ,go riding or dour wheeling,and the piece and security can't be beat.