School me on...LAND - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > School me on...LAND

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 04:41 AM   #11
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21231 Times on 12055 Posts
Likes Given: 52974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
Thanks for the insights so far guys. I've been frequenting landwatch.com, looking for deals...

I guess I should start with my personal goals.

I'd like to build a home, on a large tract of land (which will obviously need septic, electrical and gas), have good hunting, privacy etc....

Some land borders National Forests, what does that mean, as a land owner? Is this a bad thing?
C3 brought up some very good points.

i happen to know of a large tract in Texas that would fit all your needs. my father has about 60 acres for sale. even has mineral rights and water rights. i know there is water for a well underneath as he still has a well on his place. access to electric and community water, and telephone but no cable! wooded and some cleared. county road access.

plus it's in Texas! a red state for sure!

Old 01-21-2013, 04:43 AM   #12

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
What's the water situation out west? Say I wanted to farm a small tract for myself or enough to classify the land as agriculture use....
Any land can be either dry land or irragated farm land, it depends if u own the water right when u buy or if they sold it already always make sure before u buy. As far as water out here its in serious short supply. Drought sucks

Old 01-21-2013, 04:44 AM   #13

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post

C3 brought up some very good points.

i happen to know of a large tract in Texas that would fit all your needs. my father has about 60 acres for sale. even has mineral rights and water rights. i know there is water for a well underneath as he still has a well on his place. access to electric and community water, and telephone but no cable! wooded and some cleared. county road access.

plus it's in Texas! a red state for sure!
Bad part about that would be having to smell your nasty breath every time the wind is from the wrong direction......not to mention on chilli days he would find out what a stay indoors wind advisory is
Old 01-21-2013, 04:45 AM   #14

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster View Post

Any land can be either dry land or irragated farm land, it depends if u own the water right when u buy or if they sold it already always make sure before u buy. As far as water out here its in serious short supply. Drought sucks
Ya it really does. I'm not even in the desert.....yet

Old 01-21-2013, 08:12 AM   #15

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts

Land prices aren't too bad in Alabama taxes are favorable here because its farm country....but that kind of area....that aint gonna be cheap anywhere

Old 01-21-2013, 09:05 AM   #16
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5931 Times on 2934 Posts
Likes Given: 6295

I know NY is not in your sights but were planning on making it a red state soon! Keep your eyes on NY, things will be changing...

Old 01-21-2013, 11:27 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
I know NY is not in your sights but were planning on making it a red state soon! Keep your eyes on NY, things will be changing...
Haaaaaa yea right keep wishing were gonna send our libs to ny keep the air out here smellin like gun powder

Old 01-21-2013, 11:37 AM   #18
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5931 Times on 2934 Posts
Likes Given: 6295

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster View Post
Haaaaaa yea right keep wishing were gonna send our libs to ny keep the air out here smellin like gun powder
Dont count us out yet. Repercussions from this new form of stupidity come every 2 years. Yes, by that time the law will be fully enforced but New Yorkers will be counting the days down so the insult will still be fresh when we vote!

Anyone who believes NY is Like the Albanizers from Brooklyn and The Bronx hasnt been upstate. Its not what you have imagined, we love our Country and our Rights and Freedoms and we love our guns and vote Republican most of the time but dont have the numbers to override NYC. Now that NYC Shooters are being outed, they might step up and cast the votes that change NY from Blue to Red!

I wont be chased out of my own state, Stand your ground means more than protect your home from a Non Political Criminal!

Old 01-21-2013, 11:45 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post

Dont count us out yet. Repercussions from this new form of stupidity come every 2 years. Yes, by that time the law will be fully enforced but New Yorkers will be counting the days down so the insult will still be fresh when we vote!

Anyone who believes NY is Like the Albanizers from Brooklyn and The Bronx hasnt been upstate. Its not what you have imagined, we love our Country and our Rights and Freedoms and we love our guns and vote Republican most of the time but dont have the numbers to override NYC. Now that NYC Shooters are being outed, they might step up and cast the votes that change NY from Blue to Red!

I wont be chased out of my own state, Stand your ground means more than protect your home from a Non Political Criminal!
You got my support give em hell yonkers

Old 01-21-2013, 01:40 PM   #20

Liked 698 Times on 487 Posts
Likes Given: 1099

Quote:
I'm free to any RED state...
When you say Red State, most states are red. Take Ohio for example, Obama did win Ohio, but he he only won 6 of the 88 counties. Ohio's House has 59 Republicans and 40 Democrats and the senate has 23 Republicans and 10 Democrats. And there is some nice rural land available.

Last edited by beaglesam; 01-21-2013 at 01:43 PM.