Scared People - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Scared People

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 02:16 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 35 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 6

America is full of morons. Look who we elected for prresident.

Old 12-06-2012, 02:28 PM   #62
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1611 Times on 1103 Posts
Likes Given: 561

What scares me is all these people who are terrified at the sight of a knife. Does that mean if they have a knife you should draw your weapon because they mean business?

Old 12-06-2012, 02:54 PM   #63
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 678 Times on 317 Posts
Likes Given: 396

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
What scares me is all these people who are terrified at the sight of a knife. Does that mean if they have a knife you should draw your weapon because they mean business?
That's a good point. I've wondered that about all the idiots who are against guns, knives…and sharp pencils…. and believe no one should be allowed to own one. Are they admitting they know they have no self control and would, were they armed, likely shoot or stab someone in a fit of uncontrolled rage? And of course believe they are no different than anyone else? Could be.

But I really think it's just the Pavlov's dog training. 'See a gun (knife)…. go hysterical... wave arms... run in circles... call 911!'

Old 12-06-2012, 03:19 PM   #64
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 250 Times on 195 Posts
Likes Given: 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis36 View Post
But I really think it's just the Pavlov's dog training. 'See a gun (knife)…. go hysterical... wave arms... run in circles... call 911!'
Problem is if they become hysterical and call the police, you can lose your CC license. Lawyer recently caused an incident in New Haven, CT theater - made the papers.

Each state has its own restrictions - make sure you are in compliance. Under 4" is a good rule of thumb but in CT the law is confusing. People have been prosecuted for carrying 3.5" so it's almost a case by case basis.

A LEO told me BGs are carrying box cutters to get around the issue.

Old 12-06-2012, 07:30 PM   #65
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1893 Times on 1347 Posts
Likes Given: 2132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootsdeal View Post
America is full of morons. Look who we elected for prresident.
WHATS THIS WE S$IT.......Clarify please.......Are you gonna be on my list.....

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 12-06-2012, 10:49 PM   #66
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 156 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis36 View Post

That's a good point. I've wondered that about all the idiots who are against guns, knives…and sharp pencils…. and believe no one should be allowed to own one. Are they admitting they know they have no self control and would, were they armed, likely shoot or stab someone in a fit of uncontrolled rage? And of course believe they are no different than anyone else? Could be.

Even if I'm mad I'm not going to shoot someone, people need self control

Old 12-06-2012, 11:09 PM   #67

Liked 711 Times on 554 Posts

kids arent taught to use knives any longer. they dont camp, nor are they in an environment where one is normally needed....like 30 years ago. heck, all kids use knives for today is to open shipping boxes to computers or devices.

Retired Naval Aviation
Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
Contact Man for the FTF Shotgun Shoot
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 12-06-2012, 11:26 PM   #68
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 678 Times on 317 Posts
Likes Given: 396

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sniper View Post
Even if I'm mad I'm not going to shoot someone, people need self control
Of course not! Neither would I…!
Sometimes it just seems the ones who claim to be scared of inanimate objects (and the people who own and use them) are the very ones who have uncontrolled emotional and anger management problems.

Old 12-07-2012, 01:52 AM   #69
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 541 Times on 329 Posts
Likes Given: 215

I completely agree with all three of the comments above.

We do need more self control but kids are just not taught that anymore in school OR BY THEIR PARENTS, for the most part. I'm sure their is some parents out there who are bringing their children up in a proper, moral, and self-thinking household and for that, bravo.

Using knives, well I was in scouts and taught how to use one plus I actually used one while exploring the woods and such. Yeah of course I cut myself... MANY TIMES. Still have the scares from where I cut the tip of my pinky finger off and jabbed myself in the leg and hand. (All separate occasions). But movies and video games teach kids that every gun is for shooting somebody in the head while aiming from the hip and every knife is going to end up in the "bad guy". That's just because "it's exciting". A movie about a guy who uses a knife to open boxes all day is just boring (although many of the kids now days will work jobs doing just that).

And ellis, your comment about the emotional anger issues reminds me of a story about an ex-roommate who threatened to "beat me the F### up" over a stupid complaint. Come to think of it he played a ton of video games and did drugs.... but I have digressed way to much.

Essentially, I wish I was born one generation earlier because I am legitimately worried about "my" generation and where MY great country is going.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:46 AM   #70
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 156 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Part of the problem is that kids these days, and technically I'm a kid, dont go camping let alone go outside. They watch scary murder movies about people getting killed by guns and knifes. Then you have mentally instable people that shouldn't own a gun and they threaten with deadly force when they are upset. I also think it's interesting that people get injured by firearms and knives because they have never used one... When I first got one I just about cut every finger off, but I learned that it was not a toy and it was a weapon/ tool