Scared People - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Scared People

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 12:26 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,087
Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Default

Whatever happened to " ... home of the brave ...?"
PanBaccha is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:32 PM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
steve666's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Indianapolis,Indiana
Posts: 627
Liked 97 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Currently my edged EDC are:
Boker Magnum Bush Companion


CRKT Krein Dogfish


S&W Moneyclip (which they wouldn't even let me carry into the City-County Bldg. when I went to police headquarters to get my CCW renewed one time. I guess they were afraid that I was going to hijack an armed cop with my 1" blade).
__________________
An armed society is a polite society.
steve666 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:51 PM   #33
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mosin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,513
Liked 4667 Times on 2323 Posts
Likes Given: 1086

Default

I've done Brazilian JuJistu since 2000, MMA and Krav Maga... They better take my hands!!!!

But I digress... Going to school now, here's my required equipment.
image-111914191.jpg  
__________________
Arbitrary enforcement of the law is the mark of tyranny. Citizens will always fight against it.
Mosin is offline  
KG7IL Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:22 PM   #34
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DrumJunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Here in the holler....
Posts: 4,823
Liked 1617 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
Where in ky you live? I'm in Lexington.
I'm in Rockcastle Co About 50 miles south of you down 75
__________________
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson
DrumJunkie is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:32 PM   #35
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JD1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Lockport,Illinois
Posts: 748
Liked 335 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
I've done Brazilian JuJistu since 2000, MMA and Krav Maga... They better take my hands!!!!

But I digress... Going to school now, here's my required equipment.
You know what I meant, How's Castine this time of year?
__________________
''I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
J.B. Books
JD1969 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:42 PM   #36
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mosin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,513
Liked 4667 Times on 2323 Posts
Likes Given: 1086

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1969

You know what I meant, How's Castine this time of year?
Lmao! Raining Cold and depressing!!!
__________________
Arbitrary enforcement of the law is the mark of tyranny. Citizens will always fight against it.
Mosin is offline  
JD1969 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:57 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
willshoum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houma, La.,La.
Posts: 5,433
Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Down hill......

I had a court date as a witness, my female cousin was there because she had to show just cause why her son had missed so many days of school, and she was looking at jail time. She had a pocket knife on her. All hell broke lose with the wally world fat boys in uniform at the court house. Shes cajun thru and thru, and told the judge what the knife was used for on a daily basis. They returned her knife but only after fat boy walked her to her car.....And whats up with up standing tax payers and good parents going to court because thier kids miss too many days of school......It was her son cutting out of school and lieing to his mom......Next, how to sharpen a pencil without a knife......
__________________
For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........
willshoum is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:13 PM   #38
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: MAINE
Posts: 223
Liked 23 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
I wonder if these people get scared when they go to the steak house for dinner. Those damn knives are everywhere.
Notice that few, if any restaurants have steak knives with a pointed tip these days? I can't name a single one. They're all oversized butter knives with dulled serrations. Maybe a little safer for the dishwasher out back, but I'm guessing that's not the only reason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by orienteeer View Post
i carry a victorinox swiss army model every day. i pat my 4 pockets before i leave the house & i say: keys, wallet, shades, knife.
I do the same thing. I have a little freak-out every time I leave my phone in the car, or my wife has my keys in her jacket.
therhino is offline  
willshoum Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:47 PM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
fa35jsf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The greatest country in the world, Texas!
Posts: 1,182
Liked 567 Times on 339 Posts
Likes Given: 235

Default

Now that you say that, your right about the restaurant thing. I was at a steak place once and the crappy dull knife they gave me wasn't getting the job done. Notice the trend, I hate dull objects that are suppose to be sharp. Anyways, pulled out my pocket knife and used that. The world didn't collapse. Nobody got scared. The only comment made about it was from a friend who thought that it was "gross and unsanitary". Ha. More likely to catch some germs from the restaurant itself than my knife
__________________
Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"
fa35jsf is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:14 PM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Gonzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,929
Liked 329 Times on 252 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Default

I took a class in communication (it was mandatory) - how to give a presentation. They told stories about a cop who wanted to show the class the tools of his trade. Evidently, he chose his side arm for the grown-up show n tell and people freaked, instructors freaked - urban myth material after that.

The moral of the story - Know Your Audience.
Gonzilla is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
China...I ain't scared. Sonic82 Politics, Religion and Controversy 42 11-24-2012 05:26 AM
THIS is the reason normal people are scared of guns and people with guns DodgerBlue Legal and Activism 51 03-28-2012 02:58 AM
guns don't kill people, people kill people dhelix Politics, Religion and Controversy 77 03-04-2010 01:49 AM
Why are people scared of 1911s? spittinfire 1911 Forum 43 02-07-2010 03:10 AM
Scared of Camo..... cpttango30 The Club House 12 09-17-2008 04:02 PM



Newest Threads