Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Scared People

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 01:27 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3678 Times on 1755 Posts
Likes Given: 619

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa35jsf View Post
Really? Thats crazy, what college is that if you don't mind telling.
I'm at a Maritime Academy. It's regimented. Part of our uniform requirements include a pen, a wheelbook, a flashlight and a knife...and a copy of your class schedule if you're wearing the maintenance uniform instead of the Navy officers uniform.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:32 AM   #12

Liked 360 Times on 216 Posts
Likes Given: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
I'm at a Maritime Academy. It's regimented. Part of our uniform requirements include a pen, a wheelbook, a flashlight and a knife...and a copy of your class schedule if you're wearing the maintenance uniform instead of the Navy officers uniform.
SUNY? I knew a guy from there. Hit me up in a private message if so. Anyways, thats really neat. I'm in the Naval ROTC program here at my school and about to get my commission. Thats why I didn't understand what the big deal was with the knife, because I'm surrounded with like minded people. Plus I carry a Leatherman Multi-Tool and that pocket knife EVERYDAY, other than when I'm in uniform.

Old 12-05-2012, 01:36 AM   #13

Liked 540 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

My kids split a cheap 6 pc knife set, they were 8 & 10 yrs old, younger brother and older sister. They still have not cut themselves yet, this has been 2 yrs now. They may have lost them all!

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

Old 12-05-2012, 01:38 AM   #14

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
My college requires us to carry a knife. They're allowed to stop and ask to see it.
Do you go to MMA?
If so my best friend graduated there I think back in 1997 might have been 98. He's a control room at a Nuke plant in WI now, good money.

''I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
J.B. Books

Old 12-05-2012, 01:50 AM   #15

Liked 1756 Times on 802 Posts
Likes Given: 1781

I wonder if these people get scared when they go to the steak house for dinner. Those damn knives are everywhere.

Old 12-05-2012, 02:06 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1007 Times on 700 Posts
Likes Given: 346

I carry a Schrade sharp finger or a cold steel canadian belt knife. I have carried one of those knives for years. My doctor has examined me at least a 100 times with one of those knives on my belt. A month or so ago another patient complained. The way the staff acted you would have thought I brandished an Uzi. Now I leave the knife in my truck when I go in the doctors office. What is so whacked about the whole deal is he knows I have a concealed carry permit. Yet he never asks about a gun.

Old 12-05-2012, 02:12 AM   #17

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

i carry a victorinox swiss army model every day. i pat my 4 pockets before i leave the house & i say: keys, wallet, shades, knife.

Old 12-05-2012, 02:25 AM   #18

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

In 2005, on my way to Iraq. My plane (a civilian passenger jet) left from Cherry Point NC, and we had a layover in Boston. I had a loaded 30 round M16 Mag for my SAW, and an M9 with two loaded 15 round mags. This was for security purposes. What the hell my COC expected me to do with only 30 rounds for my SAW, if some completely wild and crazy stuff happened, I'll never know, especially since my SAW had to stay on the plane during layovers, and the last damn thing I'd want to do is fire rifle rounds inside an airplane while at cruising altitudes... but whatever. No one's ever accused the military of being completely logical. While laid over in Boston, we were required to get off the plane. The smokers among us went outside, myself being one at the time, and tried our best to smoke a full pack before making the hop across the Atlantic to Germany.

On the way back in, we had to go through the security checkpoint. Now, I had to leave my SAW on the plane, but I was absolutely required to carry the M9 everywhere. So... here I am. Walking through airport security, with a 9MM Beretta, 30 rounds (with pistol in condition 2, loaded mag, chamber, hammer down, safety engaged), a loaded M16 mag, and my little pocketknife my Grandfather gave me for my 16th birthday.

TSA tried to tell me I would have to throw the knife away or I wouldn't be allowed through. I said "HELLOOOOO.... I have a loaded pistol, and my EFFING MACHINE GUN IS ON THE PLANE!!!" but to no avail. Luckily for me, a lady was leaving, after debarking from a trip, and offered to mail it home to my now ex wife. I gave it to her, along with the address, and she did so.

Thank goodness for civilians who really DO support our troops, and are willing to help out with such little things. By the way, this is the knife I was carrying, or at least, the website's picture of the same model. Happens to be in my pocket right now.

Now, how the hell is that such a big deal when I already had a loaded pistol and a machine gun?

Old 12-05-2012, 02:44 AM   #19

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I'd get kicked out of Kentucky if I didn't have a pocket knife on me. I have a few different ones that depending what I pick up first go where I go. A cheetah pattern case in my pocket now.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 12-05-2012, 02:45 AM   #20
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 455 Times on 283 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
In 2005, on my way to Iraq. My plane (a civilian passenger jet) left from Cherry Point NC, and we had a layover in Boston. I had a loaded 30 round M16 Mag for my SAW, and an M9 with two loaded 15 round mags. This was for security purposes. What the hell my COC expected me to do with only 30 rounds for my SAW, if some completely wild and crazy stuff happened, I'll never know, especially since my SAW had to stay on the plane during layovers, and the last damn thing I'd want to do is fire rifle rounds inside an airplane while at cruising altitudes... but whatever. No one's ever accused the military of being completely logical. While laid over in Boston, we were required to get off the plane. The smokers among us went outside, myself being one at the time, and tried our best to smoke a full pack before making the hop across the Atlantic to Germany.

On the way back in, we had to go through the security checkpoint. Now, I had to leave my SAW on the plane, but I was absolutely required to carry the M9 everywhere. So... here I am. Walking through airport security, with a 9MM Beretta, 30 rounds (with pistol in condition 2, loaded mag, chamber, hammer down, safety engaged), a loaded M16 mag, and my little pocketknife my Grandfather gave me for my 16th birthday.

TSA tried to tell me I would have to throw the knife away or I wouldn't be allowed through. I said "HELLOOOOO.... I have a loaded pistol, and my EFFING MACHINE GUN IS ON THE PLANE!!!" but to no avail. Luckily for me, a lady was leaving, after debarking from a trip, and offered to mail it home to my now ex wife. I gave it to her, along with the address, and she did so.

Thank goodness for civilians who really DO support our troops, and are willing to help out with such little things. By the way, this is the knife I was carrying, or at least, the website's picture of the same model. Happens to be in my pocket right now.

Now, how the hell is that such a big deal when I already had a loaded pistol and a machine gun?
Been their to trip TSA couldn't catch a cold if they tried.

"Don't call me Sir, I work for a living"

"I'm an A**hole"