Scam or not a scam. Any thoughts - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Scam or not a scam. Any thoughts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2013, 10:07 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1337 Times on 895 Posts
Likes Given: 857

Quote:
I had a call once to sell us an alarm. I told them I was very happy with my security system. When he asked me what company I told him SIG Sauer. I had to explain to him what meant. I suppose I should have said Smith and Wesson, he would have better gotten my point since its a more well known brand but at least I was honest.
That's pretty funny. What did he say when you explained it?

Quote:
If I don't know you, you don't come in. It's that simple. I will also call all maintenance companies upon arrival to ensure the person is who they say they are. It's a little over cautious, but better safe than sorry.
Same here, to a point. If a guy from a company comes that I made an appointment with, and all seems on the up and up, no prob. I did invite the cable sales lady in recently. But I was expecting them to send someone out. They had just run a line up our street, so she had a reason to be here. However, NO ONE works in our house alone. (With maybe 2 exceptions.) My wife & I will go out of our way to make sure one of us is there while they do their thing......and if me, I will stay in the immediate area.

Old 05-26-2013, 01:47 AM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2123 Times on 1352 Posts
Likes Given: 1217

Good job.
In today's uber-electronic age, I can't see any company using door to door sales techniques (except the federal gov't sending dorks out to ask how many toilets and illegal aliens are in your house).