Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > SCAM- Foundation for American Vets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2011, 01:37 AM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8591 Times on 3726 Posts
Likes Given: 1321

Default SCAM- Foundation for American Vets

I am generally a fairly laid back person if no one is dead, wounded too badly to keep up, etc, but at the moment

I AM PISSED AND WANT TO DO GRIEVOUS BODILY HARM TO SOME PEOPLE !!!

My lady got a telephone solicitation from the Foundation for American Veterans. We have a few local charities we support, plus Fisher House. I have coached her that you do not give ANYBODY a credit card number that YOU did not call in the first place. She agreed to a pledge- send me the paperwork, will send you a modest donation. They describe themselves as providing help for Vets in hospitals, care packages for GIs in Afghanistan, and medical equipment and clothing for VA hospitals.

Tonight, I ran them thru the computer. Yeah- right. Approximately SIX BLEENING PERCENT of what they collect goes to any sort of veteran's charity. 85% goes to professional fundraisers. What is left is divided just about evenly between admin costs, and salaries for the Director and his wife.

I am so angry at these jerks I am seriously considering calling in one of the few serious favors I am owed, and asking some folks in North Carolina to pay them a visit and improve the human race.

Run a Google for "Foundation for American Veterans" and see for yourself. If you spend time on any OTHER forum, please help pass the word.

C3

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-05-2011, 01:42 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

That is just discusting.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 02-05-2011, 01:51 AM   #3

Yep. As soon as you ask for something in the mail, they hang up. Any legit charity is not shy about how much of the money goes to the real cause, and by law they all have to send you the disclosure stuff.

There is a special place in Hell for the people that prey on the goodness of people trying to acknowledge the service of Veterans.

Does anyone audit this stuff? I'd be curious about how they determine 6%.

Old 02-05-2011, 04:30 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8591 Times on 3726 Posts
Likes Given: 1321

Charitywatch.org does a decent job of sorting sheep from goats. While a "non profit" does not have to file a lot of paperwork, there is a form 990 they have to do- shows monies collected, and what it is spent for.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 02-05-2011, 05:22 AM   #5

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Those how endeavor to make a living on the suffering or plight of another etch themselves a special place in hell, and if I can start the party rolling while they are still walking the earth; I'm game!!

emails sent!!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 02-05-2011, 09:25 AM   #6
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2745 Times on 1592 Posts
Likes Given: 1202

The sad thing is that people will not check an official sounding name.

Thanks for the heads up.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)