Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Say a prayer for Kye dog please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2009, 12:38 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Best wishes, kind thoughts and prayers for Kye.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 04-25-2009, 12:47 AM   #12

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Hope Kye gets better soon.

Old 04-25-2009, 01:42 AM   #13
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I'm with Tango, Kyle should see a vet, it sounds like a little more than depression.

Our thoughts and prays will be with Kyle, btw that is a truly nice looking pup

Old 04-26-2009, 12:22 AM   #14

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

How's kye doing today?

Old 04-30-2009, 02:21 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samples.32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo da Plumbr
Samples

How's the Kye dog doing?

Jo
she finally ate adn Aaron convinced her to go outside and walk with us she must have just been depressed sorry I have been busy do me a favor and post that kye dog is doing better? I don't have much time lol sorry :/ but I appreciate all the sentiment

Got a PM for Samples, her dog Kye is doing better.

Old 04-30-2009, 02:25 AM   #16

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

+3 on dunerunner. Get her a puppy. Or get her bred if still a possibility. Nothing like a little one to take your mind off an absent one.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:24 AM   #17

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
+3 on dunerunner. Get her a puppy. Or get her bred if still a possibility. Nothing like a little one to take your mind off an absent one.
That has to be the dumbest statement I have ever seen on her. My dog has problems so I am going to breed her. HAVE YOU BEEN TO A SHELTER EVER? In three years as a vet tech in a small facility for the ARMY at Fort Dix I put to death over 3000 cats and 2000 dogs. Many of them dogs were good dogs just to old for people to adopt.

If your dog is not a true AKC registered champion or breed champion then you need to get your dog fixed. Getting a dog fixed reduces the risks of many different types of cancers, and increases their life by years.

I am very anti backyard breeders. The only thing you people do is create a problem that some one else has to fix.

Look at JD's dogs these are high quality dogs that have had the best care and the parents are dogs that produce quality pups. Do you know how to tell if a GSD is going to produce pups worthy of $3000? Are you going to spend the money to get the mother and father DNA tested Hips and Elbow x-rayed. Breeding dogs is not a big money maker.

The military tried to become a breeder in the early 70's yah every dog they breed they ended up killing because they all were inbreed and ended up have so many problems it was not funny.

Leave the breeding to the people who know what the hell they are doing. Just because you have 5 kids doesn't mean your an expert at breeding.

Old 04-30-2009, 01:26 PM   #18

The captain is right. Overly exuberant, but right. All my pets are rescues. As much as I love the pure bred shepards I grew up with, I just can't stand to see so many good dogs get killed.

Old 05-02-2009, 01:30 PM   #19

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Well, as you have all found out Kye is doing much better. She is now waking us up in the morning again for work which makes us both very happy and she is eating ok. We did take her to the vet and when the vet couldn't figure it out that was when we began to worry. Unbelievably dogs do get depressed just like humans lol and she watched old yeller die and layed beside him the whole time. Kye is CKC and AKC registered, but she is fixed because we have found that boxer females tend to live longer if they don't have a litter of pups tp tend to. Much thanks to all of you for the prayers adn concerns if anything else happens I will notify everyone.

Not all of us are trophy hunters.

Old 05-02-2009, 05:13 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Excellent. Thanks for the update.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams