Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Sarge's Exercise Plan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2011, 05:43 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Sarge's Exercise Plan

Sarge's exercise routine

Lt. Linda just gets back from a doctor appoinment and she has her hands full of papers and articles from the Doctor.
"Sarge" she says, " Did you know that at our age we need to get out of the house and exercise more?"
Sarge wisely holds his tongue because he has been telling the Lt. this very same thing. After all she is the one that is overweight not Sarge.
"I don't need to exercise more, I am in excellent shape." He growls.
"It says here that even men who have a few pounds over weight are at higher risk of heart problems. What you need is a weight program" She exclaims.
Sarge knows that it will be no good to argue with Lt. Linda once she has an idea in her mind. After all she out ranks him. So he accepts the note book from her that is marked off in Hours of exercise, miles of walking and number of callisthentics.

The next day Sarge loads up a dozen rilfes and a couple of hundred rounds of ammo. Then takes himself off to the Rifle Range. The 200 yard range is empty so he posts targets on the whole back board.
He then proceeds to shoot 4 shots and then go down range to see his target. Repeat that for 44 trips. At the end of the shooting he writes down in the note book, "walked one mile." But he is not done yet. The callisthentics come next. So he picks up all the brass that his rifles spit out. (He reloads all of it so he was going to pick it up any way) and in the note book is an entry that credits him with "200 Squats and Bends, and 3 hours of exercise."
When he gets home he leaves the rifles in the jeep untill later and the Lt. is out shopping, but takes his prized notebook in to show his concerned wife his score for the day.
She reads the lists and is so happy she gives Sarge a great big hug and asks him what gym he joined to do all this wonderful healthy exercise.
Sarge just smiles, gives the Lt. a kiss and murmures in her little ear, "Private Club Honey"
Which it was, Boulder Rifle Club.
Sarge the dedicated and healthy exerciser. (Shooter)

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-29-2011, 06:25 AM   #2
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6945 Times on 4177 Posts
Likes Given: 8349

It doesn't matter how you exercise but just that you do. Good job!

Old 05-01-2011, 12:36 AM   #3

Default Exercise

I will be OK until she decides she wants to join my private exercise club, then what do I do?
Sarge

Old 05-01-2011, 01:05 AM   #4
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6945 Times on 4177 Posts
Likes Given: 8349

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge257 View Post
I will be OK until she decides she wants to join my private exercise club, then what do I do?
Sarge
Take her shooting with you!

Old 05-01-2011, 02:14 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5453 Times on 2846 Posts
Likes Given: 350

you forgot to add strength training by toting those heavy guns and bags of ammo around...

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 05-01-2011, 02:32 AM   #6

Default exercise

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
you forgot to add strength training by toting those heavy guns and bags of ammo around...
BY GUM you are right, I might have enough points to goof off for a day. LOL
No wonder I am in such great shape.
Sarge

Old 05-03-2011, 09:39 AM   #7

Default Good Program

sarge257: Sir, haha; I like the ''ear'' part hahaha

Craig

♥ Exercise daily - walk with the Lord!