Sarge gets Mugged
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Sarge gets Mugged

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2010, 04:57 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 15 Times on 6 Posts

Default Sarge gets Mugged

Designated muggee.

Have you ever been mugged? You know what a mugging is, don’t you? That is when one or several felons jump you in the street, alley, parking lot or were ever and beat the daylights out of you and steal everything you have in your pockets. What do you think about a guy that was the designated muggee and was required by his job to be mugged several times a day? Sounds like a bummer of a job, right?
Enter Sarge and the designated muggee of the night. Yeah that is right, Sarge’s job in the Military Police entailed taking his turn at being the muggee. At Ft. Chaffee we had some genuine refuges and a lot of crooks and criminals that were fleeing to better stomping grounds. After all if the American soldiers were rich as they thought, the American Capitalists had to be richer. So off they went to the ships that were saving real refuges from NVA and when they got to America the first thing they did was to fall back into their old employment, mugging Americans.
After many reports of the Garrison soldiers getting mugged on the way back to the barracks from the theater or the PX, the Provost Marshall set up a sting. Actually many stings but that is another story. One of the Military Police team was designated as the muggee. The other members were hidden around the area that was a hot spot for muggings. One thing that all the designated muggee’s found out was NEVER give your team members any problems or win all their money at poker. The response to your cries could be long if you pissed your team mates off.
So Sarge is up this Friday evening and he must come out of the theater late after the crowd has left and the streets were more or less empty. And he must be a little drunk. And his clothes should look rumpled and disorderly. All this is to fool the muggers into seeing him as a likely victim. As he slumps/staggers down the sidewalk nearing the alley, the two muggers leap out and grab him and pull him into the alley mouth. Now one good thing about Vietnamese is that they are small men. But the muggers usually copper their bets by having knives or clubs. The knives they make out of any metal they can steal or dig out of the trash dumps on the base. The clubs can be found anywhere. This time they got more than they bargained for. As they pulled the staggering Sarge into the alley he hit the button on his radio that was in his pocket three times. This was the signal for deployment. (That to you civilians means the team moves on the muggers) Then of course he has to hold their attention until the team comes out of their hiding places and surrounds them. It is amazing how much damage two little guys can do to one big guy in such a short time. But our team figured on this and Sarge had under his rumpled uniform a bullet proof vest. Good thing too cause as soon as they pushed him into the alley the perp in the rear stuck him in the back with a knife. Ignoring the knife which barely penetrated his skin, Sarge punched the other mugger out. Then he turned on the second mugger turned killer and gave him what looked like an “I hate you” look. At least that is what the mugger/killer took the look to be. And he suddenly found himself alone with someone bigger than him and his knife was stuck in the big angry guy’s back. This caused him to decide to quit the area very quickly. You just can’t believe how fast these little guys can run. Here is the picture. One little runt VC running like the demons of hell are after him and 7 MP’s in civilian clothes chasing him around the Fort. Up the streets, down the streets, and all around the park. All we needed was Abbot and Costello or the Three Stooges to be a hit cartoon. (The other two MP’s were hauling off the unconscious perp).
We got jumped on four times by soldiers that thought we were trying to mugg the little crook. Ended up with a Donny brook in front of the Mess Hall and the little crook was in the middle down on his knees with his hands wrapped around his head waiting for those crazy Americans to kill each other off so he could make his get away.
In the end we hauled off seven slightly drunk good Samaritans. And the little mugger got away. We did catch him a couple of nights later when he went back to his old job. This time we jumped him first and let the other guy run. (he had a new partner by then) All in all the undercover operation was very successful and we took 15 criminals out of circulation. (and seven drunk soldiers) But it was a shame that these people were allowed to come to America to add to our criminal population. And we were doing a humanitarian life saving operation and they took advantage of it. Should have taken them back to Vietnam and dumped them off the ship.
Sarge the designated muggee

If a man strikes you on the cheek
Being a Christian the only thing you can do
Is to help him up off the ground.
Sarge

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-14-2010, 12:01 PM   #2

Default Excellent

Sir, another well written thought out story. I recognize the truths to your position
I will disagree on one point. They all do not need to be returned to Vietnam.
All your writings, suggest your humanistic's, leaving me to believe your general terms weren't intended to mean ''all''.
Trash should be removed, without a doubt.

Craig

♥ Exercise daily - walk with the Lord!

Old 12-14-2010, 11:08 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neophyte1 View Post
Sir, another well written thought out story. I recognize the truths to your position
I will disagree on one point. They all do not need to be returned to Vietnam.
All your writings, suggest your humanistic's, leaving me to believe your general terms weren't intended to mean ''all''.
Trash should be removed, without a doubt.
I meant all the criminal VC's The others have proved themselves many times over,not only their own country where they helped our troops but since they have immigrated here they, almost all, are honest hard working citizens that add to our communities and vote in every election. I saw many of them this last election as I was a Election Judge.
Sarge

Sarge

Old 12-14-2010, 11:38 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Sarge, I really enjoy reading your stories! have you thought about compiling them into a book? I'd buy a copy.

It's like paradise on Earth, enriched with the ever so sweet nectar of
elk urine.

When you're out there by yourself, you become who you really are.

Old 12-15-2010, 12:21 AM   #5

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Thanks for the post Sarge.

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 12-15-2010, 12:23 AM   #6

Default enjoy

amoroque: Sir, I routinely laugh myself silly while enjoying ''Sarge_257" stories.

I'm waiting for another ''training session" Lt. Linda will kick his sorryass.hahaha

Sarge_257; Sir, I meant nothing disparaging with my remarks.

Craig

♥ Exercise daily - walk with the Lord!

Old 12-15-2010, 05:28 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neophyte1 View Post
amoroque: Sir, I routinely laugh myself silly while enjoying ''Sarge_257" stories.

I'm waiting for another ''training session" Lt. Linda will kick his sorryass.hahaha

Sarge_257; Sir, I meant nothing disparaging with my remarks.
OK Craig, you asked for it. Here goes another Sarge and Lt. Linda story.

Sarge