Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > San francisco And Oakland Gun Buyback Programs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 05:29 PM   #21
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7831 Times on 4520 Posts
Likes Given: 10084

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizza_pablo View Post
I'd show up with money and be looking to offer $225 for good guns
I had thought of that (even had ample cash just in case) but in CA it is illegal to transfer firearms without a FFL and going through the waiting period. It may even be a felony (not sure about that) to do a FTF transfer without the FFL doing a DROS. Does not apply for C&Rs older than 50 years. I was really hoping to see an old musket or something worthwhile that was exempt. That would be a hoot, getting an old Pennsylvania Rifle or something out of it!

One could probably get away with it in any case because there did not appear to be any DOJ or BATF representatives present, only SFPD.

Old 12-18-2012, 05:40 PM   #22

Here's an article on the buyback, all told they got nearly 600 guns. I am planning on finding a bunch more for the next one (I know more than enough SF residents who will serve as straw man sellers for me- no laws against that!).

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_22211378/nearly-600-firearms-collected-during-gun-buybacks-oakland

Old 12-18-2012, 05:59 PM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 698 Times on 464 Posts
Likes Given: 731

Quote:
All told, nearly 600 guns -- from vintage World War rifles to modern day assault weapons -- are now in storage waiting to be melted down and turned into light posts, park benches and stop signs.

I wannna cry.......
People Like This 
Old 12-18-2012, 06:05 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
I wannna cry.......
It was really tough being there. I saw a few that I would have liked to own. Not many, but a few. If I had seen a Garand or an M1 Carbine I probably- no I would have- made an offer or traded the junkers I brought in. I did see a 1911 but didn't get the opportunity to talk to the gal who had it before some other guy told her to keep it and she left with it. Next time the do this I will be more prepared, go early and just hand out in the halls looking for something I want. Maybe have a dozen or more junkers out in the truck to trade off for good guns. A plan. That's what I need. A good plan.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:27 PM   #25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 698 Times on 464 Posts
Likes Given: 731

Stuff like this and they wont have to worry about banning the old ones, theres gonna be so few you cant afford them

Hell, I wouldnt be surprised if someone was buying Mosins, just to trade in, and doube their money

Old 12-18-2012, 11:16 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
Stuff like this and they wont have to worry about banning the old ones, theres gonna be so few you cant afford them

Hell, I wouldnt be surprised if someone was buying Mosins, just to trade in, and doube their money
I figure some people are doing just that. I myself will not turn in anything that is still operational, even a Mosin, just to make a buck.