Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Saddam's Chrome AK Found at Fort Lewis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2009, 01:20 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Saddam's Chrome AK Found at Fort Lewis

News Link

So instead of keeping this trophy of war earned in blood, a bunch of people from Immigration and Customs Enforcement wanted to ship off this symbol of our victory in Iraq back to that country's government.

I'm trying not to be too abrasive. I'll reserve my comments for these clowns at ICE.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-11-2009, 01:28 AM   #2

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts

All I have to say is

ICE

Old 04-11-2009, 01:44 AM   #3

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Quote:
ICE spokesman Lou Martinez says the return of the rifle was recently requested by the Iraqi government and ICE traced it to Fort Lewis near Tacoma.
Kinda makes you want to say "you're welcome"

Greg

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupid"

Old 04-11-2009, 04:25 AM   #4
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by a View Post
All I have to say is

ICE
Yep that seems right, something about nothing

Old 04-11-2009, 07:50 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I thought the trophy earned in blood was supposed to be freedom?!?

I don't mind sending this back. When we start taking "trophies", it seems like we did it to loot. When we go in and simply straighten out a mess, it seems like we went in to help the world...

With that being said, I can't blame our guys for bringing back such and interesting piece of history.

Old 04-11-2009, 01:10 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by janikphoto View Post
I thought the trophy earned in blood was supposed to be freedom?!?

I don't mind sending this back. When we start taking "trophies", it seems like we did it to loot. When we go in and simply straighten out a mess, it seems like we went in to help the world...

With that being said, I can't blame our guys for bringing back such and interesting piece of history.
We had our our freedom, regardless. What our military did, was buy the Iraqi people their freedom, and thousands of them paid for it with their lives. This chrome AK seems like an insignificant exchange for all that, IMO.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”

Old 04-11-2009, 03:18 PM   #7

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

And Iraq wants this symbol that was probably used on at least a couple of their own why?

Old 04-11-2009, 04:50 PM   #8

That article is complete BS. I am in a CHU in Iraq as I write this and am familiar with the regs on war trophies. If the 2ID did all the proper paper which it apears they did then it was completely legal. I imagine the Chain pressured them into giving it back. As if we have not and are still not giving the Iraqi government enough.
Clay

From his last and possibly best movie "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
John Wayne

Old 04-11-2009, 06:37 PM   #9

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
All I have to say is

ICE
I 100% approve of this post....

JD

Old 04-11-2009, 06:44 PM   #10

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
All I have to say is

ICE
I really have nothing to add, I just wanted this pic up again.