Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > A sad day in the Fox household

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2012, 10:59 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I'm sorry for your Families loss

Rigjumpr
Texas CHL Instructor, NRA Handgun Instructor,
Owner Operator- DefenderTX Concealed Handgun training
“American by birth Texan by the grace of God”
“Molon labe”
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151001455519?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p39 84.m1555.l2649

Old 03-17-2012, 11:06 PM   #22

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake
Kevin, it doesn't get better, just easier to cope. I lost Toby two days before Christmas and the hole is still gaping! He was at my feet for 15+ years and I feel your pain!

Thanks for the bad bone reminder and Godspeed to Abby.

Knee-mail inbound.
Sorry to hear about your constant companion cane.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

Old 03-17-2012, 11:18 PM   #23

Liked 80 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Sorry for your loss. Its so hard to lose an animal as they certainly become a valued and treasured member of the family. Never an easy thing.

Old 03-18-2012, 02:32 AM   #24

Sorry to hear that. I just had to put down my friend of 17 years, Zach, because of kidney failure. Went to feed him today and he wasn't there. Hang tough.

Old 03-18-2012, 03:04 AM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1136 Times on 557 Posts
Likes Given: 72

Sorry for your loss. Our dogs become family members and great friends. Mine have.

give your dogs raw bones, like soup bones. Cooked bones splinter, raw bones won't.

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!

Old 03-18-2012, 04:23 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 612 Times on 282 Posts
Likes Given: 352

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGuapo View Post
I just had to put down my friend of 17 years, Zach, because of kidney failure. Went to feed him today and he wasn't there. Hang tough.
I lost my dog B.T. to kidney failure. I was holding him in my arms when he took his last breath.
For some reason this quote from a Dean Koontz book always hit me in the heart:

Dean Koontz
DREAMS OF A DOG
For those who despair that their lives are without meaning and without purpose, for those who dwell in a loneliness so terrible that it has withered their hearts, for those who hate because they have no recognition of the destiny they share with all humanity, for those who would squander their lives in self-pity and in self-destruction because they have lost the saving wisdom with which they were born, for all these and many more, hope waits in the dreams of a dog, where the sacred life of nature may be clearly experienced without the all but blinding filter of human need, greed, envy, and endless fear. And here, in dream woods and fields, along the shores of dream seas, dogs play with a profound awareness of the Presence abiding in all things. Here lies the truth, that though the heart may feel empty there is One who loves them, and this love is made evident in the eyes of a dog who dreams his innocent dreams

Old 03-18-2012, 07:50 PM   #27

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 58

To the OP;

Very sorry for your loss. There is no pain more exquisite than the loss of a loving pet. I just lost my friend of seventeen years. I hate it.

Ellis;
Thank you for the Koontz paragraph.

USN Vet
Retired LEO
" o xein angellein Lakedaimoniois hote tede
keimetha tois keinon rhemasi peithomenoi"

Old 03-23-2012, 04:27 AM   #28
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1473 Times on 901 Posts
Likes Given: 7200

Default Thank you all.

Thank you for the condolences guys.

We will be staying at the one dog point for a while, due to looking into a new home. The people we will be renting with have 2 dogs (shep\chow mix and a great dane) and three cats, so it would be best to stick with just the lab for now. We will look into adopting later, when things have settled down a bit.

Cane, I know how you feel. Lady, a golden\collie mix I adopted while married to wife #1, was 15 when she passed. My wife and I had to put her down due to cancer last year. I still find myself looking for her in the night sometimes. Funny how an animal you take in to foster can become such a big part of your life.

Ellis. Thank you for the Koontz quote. So very true.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 03-23-2012, 12:28 PM   #29

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Man, I hate to hear that. Someone at work lost their long time friend and companion recently, and some heartless bozo said "It's just a dog". I chewed him a new one. I wish 99% of the people walking around on this planet could demonstrate the level of love, loyalty and devotion that a dog does, and ask so little in return.

My sincerest condolences.