A sad day in the Fox household
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > A sad day in the Fox household

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2012, 06:43 AM   #1
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1576 Times on 963 Posts
Likes Given: 8100

Default A sad day in the Fox household

I had to say goodbye to a close friend today. Abby, my 3 year old lab\boxer mix, got ahold of a pork chop bone and swallowed it whole. A sharp edge on it tore her esophogus, and there was nothing the vet could do, so we had to put her down. She will be missed by all of us.

To all who own dogs on this forum. Watch what bones you give them/ leave where they can get to them. I don't want anybody else to go through what we are feeling now. Knowing it could have been prevented if Trish and I had been paying more attention to what was going on is the worst part. Chop and chicken bones are a no go. Beef leg bones are safe. Don't let this happen to your pet.

Kevin.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-17-2012, 06:48 AM   #2

Liked 69 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Sorry for your loss.

Everybody needs a little Devastation!

Old 03-17-2012, 06:49 AM   #3

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Sorry for you loss man and ribs are bad also.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

Old 03-17-2012, 06:50 AM   #4
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7088 Times on 4266 Posts
Likes Given: 8589

I am so sorry. It hurts to lose a beloved pet.

Old 03-17-2012, 06:55 AM   #5

Liked 10 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Sorry for your loss, friend of mines dog had similar thing happen. Dog some how ate some wood splinters from friend chopping wood smaller for fireplace.

Old 03-17-2012, 02:40 PM   #6

Liked 1957 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

That really sucks kFox, my sincerest condolences...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 03-17-2012, 02:47 PM   #7

Liked 31 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75
I had to say goodbye to a close friend today. Abby, my 3 year old lab\boxer mix, got ahold of a pork chop bone and swallowed it whole. A sharp edge on it tore her esophogus, and there was nothing the vet could do, so we had to put her down. She will be missed by all of us.

To all who own dogs on this forum. Watch what bones you give them/ leave where they can get to them. I don't want anybody else to go through what we are feeling now. Knowing it could have been prevented if Trish and I had been paying more attention to what was going on is the worst part. Chop and chicken bones are a no go. Beef leg bones are safe. Don't let this happen to your pet.

Kevin.
Sorry for your loss. One of my dogs tried to eat a rib bone about three years ago. It got lodged in her throat but the vet was able to get it out. It definitely made us more watchful of our dogs.

Old 03-17-2012, 02:54 PM   #8
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 1199 Times on 819 Posts
Likes Given: 161

Sorry for your loss, I know the feeling all to well how it is to loose a pet, 4 months ago my lab was diagnosed with cancer and it rapidly grew through his entire body, watching him suffer was hard but holding him in my lap when they put him asleep makes a strong male cry, I admit it, I cried like a little baby.

I'm sorry for your loss may god be with you and your family during this time !

Old 03-17-2012, 02:58 PM   #9

Liked 44 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 21

My heart goes out to you. Dogs are much more than just animals and pets to me. They are family members and great companions.

Old 03-17-2012, 03:02 PM   #10
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2531 Times on 1236 Posts
Likes Given: 1270

Kevin,

Our Heart and Prayers go out to you and your family today!
We have lost some of our Labs in recent years. Cocoa was 12 and died on the operating table during an operation. We purchased Angel to solve the large Hole in our Heart by Cocoa leaving us. Angel was 2 years old when she was ran over in my driveway by the builders wife who was building my barn while she was bringing food to the workers. We were outside and as usual Angel went to greet company. The woman was talking not paying attention and ran right over her. Once again I could not stand the hole that was left in our hearts. So in a few days I drove through a literal blizzard to get Baby Girl which is now 5 years old. I am absolutely paranoid about her safety! As I am sure that time will easy you and the families pain! But I will share one thing with all of you that certainly helped me through that terrible three year period in our life. And that is go to the Internet and Google the words **** " The Rainbow Bridge".**** And I do believe we will see them again some day in a better place! Also best thing for you to do is go fill the hole and find someone who is waiting for your families Love. It is sometimes amazing to me that I see the traits of Cocoa and Angel in Baby Girl. Almost like their spirit is also still around to remind me of the love they shared with us and we with them. Hard to believe that an Old Army Sgt. and LE with 16 years on SWAT Cop could be this soft hearted isn't it! But I like my animals much more than I like most people! I believe they are a gift from above. And love us unconditionally even when we are unlovable at times due to attitude or whatever. Still wag their tails!

God Bless you all at this time! It is unbelievably hard! But someone will take some of the hurt away if you will let them. They need a loving home also!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy