Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The sacred man draw.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2012, 02:21 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 698 Times on 487 Posts
Likes Given: 1095

I have a draw in the kitchen. It has a crescent wrench, hammer, phillips and regular screwdrivers, AAA, AA, C, D, and 9v batteries, various screws and nails, rubber bands, loose change, various kinds of glue and tape, paper clips, three rounds of 45 ACP, a ruler, two tape measures, a spark plug?, a roll of 35mm film (I should probably have that developed), sun block, a dog collar, frame hangers, various brass casings, flashlight (with dead batteries), twine and string, pens and pencils, a golf ball (haven't played golf in years), a lighter, matches, pocket knife, keys (I have no idea what they are for), fuses, ticket stubs, receipts, I really need clean this out, but don't know what I can do without.

Last edited by beaglesam; 10-18-2012 at 10:09 AM. Reason: spelling
Davyboy Likes This 
Old 10-18-2012, 04:51 AM   #12
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6635 Times on 4014 Posts
Likes Given: 7875

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaglesam View Post
I have a draw in the kitchen. It has a crescent wrench, hammer, phillips and regular screwdrivers, AAA, AA, C, D, and 9v batteries, varies screws and nails, rubber bands, loose change, varies kinds of glue and tape, paper clips, three rounds of 45 ACP, a ruler, two tape measures, a spark plug?, a roll of 35mm film (I should probably have that developed), sun block, a dog collar, frame hangers, varies brass casings, flashlight (with dead batteries), twine and string, pens and pencils, a golf ball (haven't played golf in years), a lighter, matches, pocket knife, keys (I have no idea what they are for), fuses, ticket stubs, receipts, I really need clean this out, but don't know I can do without.
ROFL........I have a drawer like that in my kitchen, too. Add to it a bunch of twist ties, small medicine cups from when the kids were little, a small funnel, several measuring spoons from different products like Miracle*Gro, a couple of glass test tubes, various caps that don't fit anything, miscellaneous coasters from some bar, diippers for coloring Easter eggs, small tools for carving pumpkins, and a couple of chargers I can't remember what they go to.

Old 10-20-2012, 04:25 AM   #13

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Batteries, old pocket knives, pens, pencils, paper, fishing hooks, usually one or more valueless 1980's baseball cards, plastic fishing worms, broken tools of all types, an old shotgun shell (spent) and about 5 live .22lrs in a little cup in the back. Often times I lose my cell phone in there.

-Matt

Old 10-20-2012, 12:25 PM   #14

Liked 1060 Times on 685 Posts
Likes Given: 266

My top dresser drawer is full of the type of stuff you have in mind. Most of it comes out of my pockets to the top of the dresser along with my billfold, knife, keys etc. at bed time, then gets relocated to the top drawer. Other "useful" stuff, that has no fixed home, ends up there as well. Sacred? Maybe, but my wife has no interest in plundering through my stuff anyway.

A signifigant part of a long and happy marriage is the respect of privacy of your spouce, and the trust to not to need to go through their stuff.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 10-20-2012, 12:35 PM   #15

Liked 9193 Times on 5052 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Single. Whole house is basically a sacred man drawer.

Old 10-20-2012, 12:38 PM   #16

Liked 2391 Times on 1361 Posts
Likes Given: 1881

I dunno, it's sort of sacred man drawer, box, milk crate, and section

in the attic, basement, and shed...

Old 10-20-2012, 01:33 PM   #17

Liked 1127 Times on 542 Posts
Likes Given: 1249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
My top dresser drawer is full of the type of stuff you have in mind. Most of it comes out of my pockets to the top of the dresser along with my billfold, knife, keys etc. at bed time, then gets relocated to the top drawer. Other "useful" stuff, that has no fixed home, ends up there as well. Sacred? Maybe, but my wife has no interest in plundering through my stuff anyway.

A signifigant part of a long and happy marriage is the respect of privacy of your spouce, and the trust to not to need to go through their stuff.
Its not a trust issue in our house its more of a female obsessive tidy syndrome

Old 10-20-2012, 01:54 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1815 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davyboy

Its not a trust issue in our house its more of a female obsessive tidy syndrome
I have to go in his drawers because I put his clothes away.

Old 10-20-2012, 03:01 PM   #19

Liked 9193 Times on 5052 Posts
Likes Given: 74

As far as trust is concerned...
I've been in a few long term, committed relationships. I've always had a standing policy. It comes up when a woman asks "will you look in my purse, and get me...". Hell no. I'm handing your purse to you. Here's why: I believe in sharing everything about yourself with your SO, but, a woman's last and final bastion of absolute privacy, where a man has no business being, is her purse. For a man, his wallet and pockets (unless his woman is reaching into his pocket to find something really "special").

Everyone has to have a boundary. A safe place so to speak. This is no excuse to go hiding things that are detrimental to your relationship. No condoms in the wallets or purses because you're sleeping around, no drugs, no "hidden money" (nothing wrong with having your own money, I speak to the intent with which you keep it. Specifically to hide it from your SO, unless they have a real spending or gambling problem, is an issue, ie, to deny it from them. If your saving it for a gift, rainy day, a gift for yourself, or just because you need some pocket cash, is not at all a problem).

This is where the trust comes into play, in regard to this issue, IMHO. A poster I saw on a wall many years ago in high school "integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking".

I'll be doing the right thing. I don't want you to go through my last bastion of personal privacy to check up on me. I'll give the same courtesy. The ex though... What a dumbass. She used my xbox to carry on her affairs. So when I got on, and she left her account up and open, and I saw messages from guys, "hey, I really enjoyed f***ing your brains out the other night"... I wasn't spying. I felt bad because I felt like I was..but then I figured, hell with that, she left the evidence in plain sight. Not my fault, and I did nothing wrong by seeing what was left right in front of me.

Old 10-20-2012, 03:20 PM   #20

Liked 671 Times on 447 Posts
Likes Given: 676

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Single. Whole house is basically a sacred man drawer.
Same here...