Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > S.Y.G.A.-What is it?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2009, 12:55 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default S.Y.G.A.-What is it?

Hello, Gun Runners-

Newly supporting-member Beau here. I am a bit reluctant to make this post, but I have been asked by some of the other members to explain my (newly-minted) organization to them, so I figured I would just explain it to everyone at once. The reason I haven't in 70-odd posts is that I didn't want to seem to be here to promote me, and my thing, which I'm not. Let me say that although y'all can be a pretty rough crew sometimes, (and you wouldn't be you, if you weren't), I am enjoying my experience overall here at FT. I think this a high-quality group of folks, and thank the good Lord I found you.

Well, here goes:

Even though my website is only about 2 weeks old, let me make it clear that the idea for this is actually several years old...about 5, to be exact. I spent nearly an entire night, sleeplessly tossing-and-turning, before I even got a name/acronym for it, so the one I have is hard-won. The website explains the Biblical portion pretty well, so I'll let you do some clicking for that.

The basic thing is that there were no pro-gun organizations that were of a conservative, fundamentalist-Christian stripe. Yes, there is GOA with Larry Pratt (who I've met, btw), and JPFO with Aaron Zelman (who I also have been introduced to), and both these are great pro-2nd outfits. But neither of them would fit into a category of being Bible-based, although I definitely think Larry is a saved man. I know that most of you are members of the NRA, and it has done tons of good for the fight for freedom, too. But I don't think you're going to hear Wayne LaPierre quoting the Bible in front of the D.C. crowd, or urging anyone to get saved, before it is too late. Many of you will be offended by that statement, but Jesus said that you would be, long before you were born. The bottom line for me is that I want to serve my King with the remaining years (or however long) he allots to me, and my love of guns and the Bible seemed a natural fit.

Hope that helps you to understand, and I am open to any and all questions, whether they are for, or against.

Thanks for listening-

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-23-2009, 01:09 AM   #2

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Oops, I'm sorry I asked. You don't want my kind. Forget I even brought it up. I will be arming my house to thwart thee, tho.

I am pro 2A. I am a conservative. I do not support the moral majority. I also believe in 1A as strongly as I believe in the rest of the US Constitution. Your group is not what this site needs, imho. Your group is exactly what this site is trying to avert. If not, then I have wasted over 4k posts.

So, since I do not follow your agenda and I am married to a strong Catholic woman who is latina and 1st generation here, I fear that your kind of people don't like my kind of people. Too bad, but I wear ball caps not asshats.

This country was founded on freedom of religion, where do you stand upon that premise?

I think you can take your hoods and robes and move on, but that is just my humble opinion. Since others have already voiced their concern about you and your group, I know I am not alone.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 09-23-2009, 01:20 AM   #3

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I miss two days here, and ....

Old 09-23-2009, 01:31 AM   #4

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Oops, I'm sorry I asked. You don't want my kind. Forget I even brought it up. I will be arming my house to thwart thee, tho.

I am pro 2A. I am a conservative. I do not support the moral majority. I also believe in 1A as strongly as I believe in the rest of the US Constitution. Your group is not what this site needs, imho. Your group is exactly what this site is trying to avert. If not, then I have wasted over 4k posts.

So, since I do not follow your agenda and I am married to a strong Catholic woman who is latina and 1st generation here, I fear that your kind of people don't like my kind of people. Too bad, but I wear ball caps not asshats.

This country was founded on freedom of religion, where do you stand upon that premise?

I think you can take your hoods and robes and move on, but that is just my humble opinion. Since others have already voiced their concern about you and your group, I know I am not alone.
+++1000000 skull-

NRA Life MEMBER 1976

Old 09-23-2009, 01:36 AM   #5

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

¿Oh mi dios cuáles son nosotros ahora a hacer?

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 09-23-2009, 01:36 AM   #6

Default S.y.g.a.....

Quote:
You don't want my kind.
Strange statement-we just met, so how you can make that "snap judgement" about me (or us) is unknown to me.

Quote:
I will be arming my house to thwart thee, tho.
Arm away-for I have no desire to enter your house, or do anything else of that nature-another odd one.

Quote:
I do not support the moral majority.
Good-neither do I, nor have I ever. It also helps that they don't exist anymore, since Jerry Falwell is dead.

Quote:
Your group is not what this site needs, imho. Your group is exactly what this site is trying to avert.
Well, this is particularly humorous, because right now my 'group' consist of 1-moi. Trying to avert? I didn't know Christians were planning to kill eveyone who disagreed with them...maybe you have me mixed up with an Islamist, or something.

Quote:
since I do not follow your agenda
What agenda do you refer to? Preaching salvation to a lost and dying world? Well, I never asked you to, against your will, nor did I anyone else.

Quote:
I am married to a strong Catholic woman who is latina and 1st generation here
Good-may you live long, and prosper-why would I care what race and religion your wife is?

Quote:
I fear that your kind of people don't like my kind of people.
Don't know what kind of 'people' you are, so I have nothing to dislike, and don't really care, since you already stated you're a 'conservative pro-2nd'-that's good enough for me.

Quote:
Too bad, but I wear ball caps not asshats.
Yeah, I wear one, too (not the ___hats-lol).

Quote:
Freedom of religion..a very 'loaded' term-you mean it was founded on freedom of conscience to worship God, or believe or disbelieve in him? If so, I agree.

Quote:
Hoods and robes, huh? You must think everyone who says they are a 'christian' is a white supremist clansman, huh? Well, I've never worn either, and that's about the most hate-filled, bigoted statement anyone has ever said to me. If this board is all about hatred of Christianity and the gospel, I will be glad to leave, and not look back.

Thank you for your 'kind' reply to my post, which you asked for-

Old 09-23-2009, 01:41 AM   #7

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I visited your site to get a feel for what your group is about, and came away with no real understanding beyond what you expressed in this thread.

Beyond quoting scripture, what are the beliefs of your group? I get that your Christian and Pro 2A, what differentiates you from the other, established groups of this type?

Old 09-23-2009, 01:46 AM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I'm christian and pro gun. What's not to love?

Old 09-23-2009, 01:54 AM   #9

Default S.y.g.a.....

Hi, Benning Boy-

Quote:
I get that you're Christian and pro-2nd...
Well, you got IT-the site did it's job-that's (as I already explained in
this initial post) just it-CHRISTIAN, (not yelling) and pro-2nd! It says
it right on the home page: The World's ONLY....etc. Hey, guys-it's
just like the T.V. channel, if you don't like it, just don't go there...
simple. If you don't like my posts, just don't click them...simple.
Why make life hard?

Thanks-

Old 09-23-2009, 02:42 AM   #10

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I'm still not getting the difference between your site and others like it. What sets it apart?

Closed Thread