rwva.org, the Appleseed project

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > rwva.org, the Appleseed project

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 06:14 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default rwva.org, the Appleseed project

My brother in law showed this to me. It seems to be a great thing and I wanted to share it with all of you here. Maybe someone here has some experience with this?

Quote:
What the RWVA (Revolutionary War Veterans Association) is all about:

The Appleseed Program is designed to take you from being a simple rifle owner to being a true rifleman. All throughout American history, the rifleman has been defined as a marksman capable of hitting a man-sized target from 500 yards away — no ifs, ands or buts about it. This 500-yard range is traditionally known as "the rifleman's quarter-mile;" a rifleman can hit just about any target he can see. This skill was particulary evident in the birth of our country, and was the difference in winning the Revolutionary War.
More info can be found Revolutionary War Veterans Assn

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-12-2010, 02:55 PM   #2

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

This could be a new standard.

And a new series of threads.

Old 03-12-2010, 02:57 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I really want to attend an Appleseed Shoot. I'm a fair shot with a long gun, but only fair. They've had some at my home range, but I haven't been able to attend yet. I think they're an excellent idea.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 03-12-2010, 03:10 PM   #4

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

I joined the RWVA to meet the club participation requirement for the CMP. Seemed like a great organization and they never hassled me or called to bum money.
Too bad they didn't have any events closer to my area.

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 03-12-2010, 03:31 PM   #5

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
I joined the RWVA to meet the club participation requirement for the CMP. Seemed like a great organization and they never hassled me or called to bum money.
Too bad they didn't have any events closer to my area.
Where is the closest?

Old 03-12-2010, 04:30 PM   #6

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

I joined online just for my cmp, Its been over a year ago, but I think virginia...maybe was their home range.
If you check out their website its pretty cool.
If you're a member you can get together with others and have hold the appleseeds anywhere you want, your farm if you wanted to.

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 03-12-2010, 05:13 PM   #7

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Wow, what a great response. I'm glad that this is what it appears to be. I just found out my found out my brother in law is working with them to get a local shoot.

Gate,
Give them a call. If you are really interested, one of the things I saw on their flier was after you attend their class you can become an instructor and hold all the classes you want at you local range.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 03-13-2010, 01:08 AM   #8

Hello, I'm the OH State Coordinator for Project Appleseed. Feel free to ask any questions you may have and I hope you can make it to an event.

We've come a long way in a short amount of time. In 2009 we held about 500 events border to border. This year we will more than double again. There are plenty of great locations throughout PA and all other states. You can see the current schedule by going HERE.

You can also see what's closest to you by looking at our interactive National Map.

Massad Ayoob, the well-respected firearms expert and trainer, recently attended an event and wrote this review for Backwoods Home Magazine: Massad Ayoob Blog Archive APPLESEED

Women, children under 21, and active duty military attend for free. All skill levels are welcome. I've had folks brand new to firearms get started safely on the right foot and learn a ton, and I've had a High Power Champion tell me he picked up on a neat trick or two that helped him.

We're all volunteers and are always looking for more folks that think this country has forgotten its Founding Principles and would benefit from folks re-learning a traditional American skill, marksmanship... and our unique American Heritage.

Alright, I've probably blabbered enough, right?

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.

Old 03-13-2010, 02:45 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I went ahead and joined. It's money well spent.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams