Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   rwva.org, the Appleseed project (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/rwva-org-appleseed-project-24550/)

DarinCraft 03-12-2010 06:14 AM

rwva.org, the Appleseed project

My brother in law showed this to me. It seems to be a great thing and I wanted to share it with all of you here. Maybe someone here has some experience with this?

Quote:

What the RWVA (Revolutionary War Veterans Association) is all about:

The Appleseed Program is designed to take you from being a simple rifle owner to being a true rifleman. All throughout American history, the rifleman has been defined as a marksman capable of hitting a man-sized target from 500 yards away no ifs, ands or buts about it. This 500-yard range is traditionally known as "the rifleman's quarter-mile;" a rifleman can hit just about any target he can see. This skill was particulary evident in the birth of our country, and was the difference in winning the Revolutionary War.
More info can be found Revolutionary War Veterans Assn

Benning Boy 03-12-2010 02:55 PM

This could be a new standard.

And a new series of threads.:cool:

CA357 03-12-2010 02:57 PM

I really want to attend an Appleseed Shoot. I'm a fair shot with a long gun, but only fair. They've had some at my home range, but I haven't been able to attend yet. I think they're an excellent idea.

Gatekeeper 03-12-2010 03:10 PM

I joined the RWVA to meet the club participation requirement for the CMP. Seemed like a great organization and they never hassled me or called to bum money.
Too bad they didn't have any events closer to my area.

Benning Boy 03-12-2010 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatekeeper (Post 246450)
I joined the RWVA to meet the club participation requirement for the CMP. Seemed like a great organization and they never hassled me or called to bum money.
Too bad they didn't have any events closer to my area.

Where is the closest?

Gatekeeper 03-12-2010 04:30 PM

I joined online just for my cmp, Its been over a year ago, but I think virginia...maybe was their home range.
If you check out their website its pretty cool.
If you're a member you can get together with others and have hold the appleseeds anywhere you want, your farm if you wanted to.

DarinCraft 03-12-2010 05:13 PM

Wow, what a great response. I'm glad that this is what it appears to be. I just found out my found out my brother in law is working with them to get a local shoot.

Gate,
Give them a call. If you are really interested, one of the things I saw on their flier was after you attend their class you can become an instructor and hold all the classes you want at you local range.

MeanStreaker 03-13-2010 01:08 AM

Hello, I'm the OH State Coordinator for Project Appleseed. Feel free to ask any questions you may have and I hope you can make it to an event.

We've come a long way in a short amount of time. In 2009 we held about 500 events border to border. This year we will more than double again. There are plenty of great locations throughout PA and all other states. You can see the current schedule by going HERE.

You can also see what's closest to you by looking at our interactive National Map.

Massad Ayoob, the well-respected firearms expert and trainer, recently attended an event and wrote this review for Backwoods Home Magazine: Massad Ayoob Blog Archive APPLESEED

Women, children under 21, and active duty military attend for free. All skill levels are welcome. I've had folks brand new to firearms get started safely on the right foot and learn a ton, and I've had a High Power Champion tell me he picked up on a neat trick or two that helped him.

We're all volunteers and are always looking for more folks that think this country has forgotten its Founding Principles and would benefit from folks re-learning a traditional American skill, marksmanship... and our unique American Heritage.

Alright, I've probably blabbered enough, right? :rolleyes:

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.

CA357 03-13-2010 02:45 AM

I went ahead and joined. It's money well spent.