Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Rules for PRC (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/rules-prc-59483/)

scott_gen 03-05-2012 12:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Can't even open the sticky -> "Rules for PRC" to find out why I can't read any thread or reply to any thread in that section. I have no strikes against me, not on probation....only thing I can think of is that I'm still new?

(I looked for the thread that was posted Friday about this but could not find it)

scott_gen 03-05-2012 01:24 PM

Bump

Can any mod chime in with an answer? Thanks.

c3shooter 03-05-2012 02:12 PM

Certain threads are reserved for Premium Members only. That thread is one.

Back in the day, we had folks joining, immediately going to PRC, behaving like trolls, starting flame wars. nothing about guns (and this IS a gun forum) so Admin limited access to Premium members if you were not already a member.

If you would like access, become a supporting member. It is $15 a year, helps keep the lights on here.

scott_gen 03-05-2012 02:16 PM

Thank you sir for the answer. Certainly makes sense to go that route. In sure it's weeded out a lot of trash talk.

c3shooter 03-05-2012 02:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
PS- Scott- the mods here are volunteers- we do other things for a living- so do not always expect an immediate response- some of us are out slaying dragons.

We just do this for the immense sense of power and prestige.......

Attachment 40739

scott_gen 03-05-2012 02:22 PM

Dragon slayer - part time forum mod......a winning combo! Thanks again man!

canebrake 03-05-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott_gen (Post 729537)
Can't even open the sticky -> "Rules for PRC" to find out why I can't read any thread or reply to any thread in that section. I have no strikes against me, not on probation....only thing I can think of is that I'm still new?

(I looked for the thread that was posted Friday about this but could not find it)

There have been many changes made here to improve the quality of posted information and to limit the sniping by "drive-by" posters. Trolls seem to travel in packs (kinda like the occupy movement) and changes to the political forum have been made to deal with them. (No you are NOT one of them.)

Bear with us as we continue to provide all our members with the highest quality firearm-concentric knowledge on the interwebz.

scott_gen 03-05-2012 02:47 PM

Thank you gentlemen.

robocop10mm 03-05-2012 08:58 PM

Upgrade to Supporting Member status. Only $15/year and you get more content plus a key to the executive lounge.

JonM 03-05-2012 10:08 PM

just fyi. any posts deemed to be political or controversial mad in other areas will be moved to the political section. so if you post something like that in a area and it disapears thats likely where it went :)