Rules for a Gunfight - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Rules for a Gunfight

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2010, 08:56 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1879 Times on 1337 Posts
Likes Given: 2118

Default Profit Cane

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Great stuff but there is much more:

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.

1. Never be unarmed.

This is the law:
  • The purpose of fighting is to win.
  • There is no possible victory in defense.
  • The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either.
  • The final weapon is the brain.
  • All else is supplemental.
- John Steinbeck

Cane
  • Drop the one with the shotgun first.
  • Say nothing afterwards but the Seven Magic Words: "I'd like to speak with my attorney."
  • Professionals are predictable, it's the amateurs that are dangerous.
  • Anything you do can get you shot, including nothing.
  • If your opponents didn't have the courtesy to "Count Off!" before beginning, assume that there's one more somewhere.
  • When the cops pull up, think fast and move slow.
  • Pay attention to where your shots fall.
  • "Speed's fine, but accuracy is final."
  • Rules of drawing, If you're the bad guy, draw & shoot first. If you're the good guy, draw second and shoot first.
  • Never turn your back on an armed bad guy, even if he's down.
  • Rules of wounds, A "sucking chest wound" is nature's way of telling you to slow down. If you're bleeding to death, say something witty. If you're actually dying, say something deep.
  • Never assume your opponent is out of ammo.
  • Bring lots of ammo.
  • In combat, you will be scared. You will have a tendency to shoot high. Be aware of this and aim low.
  • Rules of quitting, Don't quit just because you're hit; GET EVEN! Never quit, period. There is no prize for second place.
  • There's no such thing as "unfair advantage."
  • He who lives to run away will live to run another day (the best strategy is being somewhere else).

More Caneisms:
  • Use a gun that works every time. "All skill is in vain when an Angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."
  • "If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly."
  • Carry the same gun in the same place all the time.
  • "Speed's fine, but accuracy is final."
  • BEFORE YOU QUIT THE FIGHT, MAKE SURE THE FIGHT'S OVER.
  • YOU WILL START A GUNFIGHT AT A DISADVANTAGE; SEIZE THE INITIATIVE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
  • If you do get into a gunfight, it will probably be with a person that has already made up his mind to kill anyone who gets in his way. You don't go to work everyday thinking, "I'll kill anyone who gets in my way". Therefore, the bad guy has an advantage. You can take it away from him very early in the fight if you use good tactics and good shooting.
  • THE FIRST GUY TO SCORE A GOOD HIT USUALLY WINS.
  • WYATT EARP WAS A MORON; SEEK COVER AND USE IT.
  • FIRE 'TIL THE FELON FALLS.
  • If you're shooting, it's to stop a deadly attack. Do not stop firing until the assailant's ability to hurt you or others has ended. Don't fire to wound or kill. Fire to STOP.
  • The primary purpose of your side arm is to get you to your shotgun.
  • Anyone that runs is an enemy, the ones that stand still are well disciplined enemy.
  • "You can say ‘stop’ or ‘alto’ or use any other word you think will work, but I’ve found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone’s head is pretty much the universal language."
  • "You have the rest of your life to solve your problems. How long you live depends on how well you do it."
  • Keep shooting until the threat no longer exists; then stay sharp until somebody with a badge tells you to freeze.
And now a moment of silence for those that didn't pay heed to this thread!!!

Old 07-10-2010, 10:14 PM   #12

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
24. Do not attend a gun fight with a handgun, the caliber of which does not start with anything smaller than "4".
I don't suppose a "9" counts?

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 07-10-2010, 11:10 PM   #13

Good posts

Admiral Yamamoto: "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."

"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."
- Clint Eastwood

"But if someone has a gun and is trying to kill you ... it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."
- Dalai Lama