Ruger's customer service is AWESOME ....S&W, not so awesome - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Ruger's customer service is AWESOME ....S&W, not so awesome

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2011, 06:49 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 740 Times on 490 Posts
Likes Given: 798

Wonder what S&W would say if I sent them my turn of the century .32 safety hammerless....

Old 05-21-2011, 07:12 PM   #12

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
Wonder what S&W would say if I sent them my turn of the century .32 safety hammerless....
Let me save your time.

See below;

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
I also sent my S&W model 19 back to them because it was having some lock up issues. Couple of weeks after I sent it to them I never heard anything so I called. They had it but had not looked at it yet. Couple weeks go by so I call again, they checked it and it would be $76.xx to repair it. They said they were going to mail me a statement of all that would be repaired so I waited for that statement so I could clearly review it. I got the statement and they missed something I wanted them to check so I called. The person I talked to didn't know but said he would have one of the smiths call me....never heard anything. I called back and talked to a different person but gave them the green light for the repair and paid over the phone. I was not impressed with this person at all. He kept telling me my gun was 30 years old and I shouldn't be worried about it and blah, blah, blah....It's a model 19, one of the sweetest revolvers your company ever made and I want it fixed!!
Several weeks pass and finally my 19 shows up(same day as my Ruger). I'm happy with the repair, they also tested the gun and gave me a target with a very nice 6 round group but the process from when it left to when I got it back was not nearly as pleasant.
You all know I'm a big S&W fan-boy....well S&W wheel gun FB.

This is embarrassing!

S&W, Can you hear me now?

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 05-22-2011, 03:22 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Let me save your time.

See below;

You all know I'm a big S&W fan-boy....well S&W wheel gun FB.

This is embarrassing!

S&W, Can you hear me now?

I think everyone here knows I'm in love with old S&W wheel guns. IMO, there is nothing sexier(in the revolver world) then the wonderful blue against their wood grips. I love my 19(and 629) and didn't want to even mail it back but knew S&W would fix it right and I don't know of a good smith in my area. As much as I love my Smiths, Ruger kicked their butt in the customer service department.
I have to be honest though, the only reason I have the Rugers I own is because I didn't want to beat my S&Ws up while hunting. They're growing on me though.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer