Rugby League teams get an unexpected visitor

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Rugby League teams get an unexpected visitor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2014, 08:56 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Default Rugby League teams get an unexpected visitor

Gold Coast 13, North Queensland 12 and snakes, one.

Monday's NRL clash between the Titans and Cowboys at Robina Stadium may have been won by the home team in an arm wrestle but it was a creature with no limbs which stole the show.

A three-foot brown snake slithered onto the grass between the playing field and the stands in the south-east corner of the stadium 10 minutes into the first half, sending fans fleeing to higher ground.

The game continued despite the lethal intruder's presence, with the snake eventually disappearing down a drain.

While the snake's appearance was a sideshow, it was the Titans who posted back-to-back wins to move into the NRL top eight.

This snake is considered the world's second most venomous land snake.

I loved the pic of the fan poking it away with a team flag stick

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-02-2014, 10:11 AM   #2

Liked 375 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Seen that. That would put the wind up any ardent footy fan.

The ability to think and speak doesn't necessarily guarantee intelligence

morgoth Likes This 
Old 04-02-2014, 11:02 AM   #3

Liked 375 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 30

These snakes like our Brown, King Brown and Tiger snakes have the temper of a red head with permanent PMS and it doesn't take much to get them rattled up.

The ability to think and speak doesn't necessarily guarantee intelligence

Old 04-02-2014, 11:12 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3861 Times on 2305 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Awesome snake. The most mean tempered snake I gave ever seen was a cobra while traveling in India. I was hiking with a guide. It raised it's head up and hissed a storm at me. The hood was breath taking to see. They are rumored to follow people for miles. Not sure if that is Hindu mythology or not. I love snakes though. Own two myself.

I do know that sone of the most poisonous snakes are from down under though. Would love to see them in their natural habitat someday.

"Feuer Frei!"

Old 04-02-2014, 06:23 PM   #5

Liked 20 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
Awesome snake. The most mean tempered snake I gave ever seen was a cobra while traveling in India. I was hiking with a guide. It raised it's head up and hissed a storm at me. The hood was breath taking to see. They are rumored to follow people for miles. Not sure if that is Hindu mythology or not. I love snakes though. Own two myself.

I do know that sone of the most poisonous snakes are from down under though. Would love to see them in their natural habitat someday.
You rarely see them unless you look for them, I have stumbled across a few Brown Snakes and Red Bellied Black Snakes over the years, they are usually take off when they hear/feel you coming before you see them.