Robbery at the gas station
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Robbery at the gas station

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2010, 01:47 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Robbery at the gas station

My friends two nephews were robbed last night at the gas station. One of them had a cpl and was carrying at the time. The guy pulled his weapon first and had it on him (my friends nephew). He patted my friends nephew down and took his weapon from him and his cash. No one was hurt.

Now i know the purpose of having a cpl is to prevent yourself from being a victim. But what can you honestly do when someone already has a gun on you? Should you walk around with a chambered bullet? What can be done/

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-18-2010, 01:50 AM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

I am constantly aware of my surroundings and those encroaching upon my area. I also carry one in the chamber, to me its no use to carry a gun without a chambered round. Its like having a rubber in your wallet but not using it. I always sit so I can see the door in any place im in, always look for the best way out and always watch the faces and body language of anyone in my view, oh and always check your six.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 07-18-2010, 02:02 AM   #3

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

These seem like 2 questions. What can I do if the BG has a gun on me? AND Should I carry hot?

Are you suggesting that if your nephew had been carrying with one in the pipe, then this would have been different?

I don't get it.

First answer not so easy...second answer is a resounding YES!

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 07-18-2010, 02:06 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

an unloaded firearm is a hammer.

Old 07-18-2010, 02:15 AM   #5

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by clip11 View Post
My friends two nephews were robbed last night at the gas station. One of them had a cpl and was carrying at the time. The guy pulled his weapon first and had it on him (my friends nephew). He patted my friends nephew down and took his weapon from him and his cash. No one was hurt.

Now i know the purpose of having a cpl is to prevent yourself from being a victim. But what can you honestly do when someone already has a gun on you? Should you walk around with a chambered bullet? What can be done/
The only time you are a victim is when you let yourself be a victim!

Not only chambered but locked and cocked! Otherwise it's just jewelry!

Condition one and only!

...the way John Browning meant it to be carried ...

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 07-18-2010, 02:17 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jca1 View Post
an unloaded firearm is a hammer.
+1, just an expensive hammer!

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

- orangello

Old 07-18-2010, 02:23 AM   #7

He carried in his waistband as far as i know. So is it safe to carry with one in the chamber if you carry like that, afterall, you wouldnt want to accidently shoot yourself.

Old 07-18-2010, 02:38 AM   #8

Quote:
He carried in his waistband as far as i know. So is it safe to carry with one in the chamber if you carry like that, afterall, you wouldnt want to accidently shoot yourself.
If you are afraid of your gun do one of two things:

1. GET ANOTHER GUN or,
2. DON"T CARRY ON THE SAME STREET THAT I WALK ON!

The fear of a gun is a personal issue of self confidence. Stop carrying the gun until you're comfortable with it. If not, you are a threat to me and my love ones.

Please print this out and ask the victim to read it, twice!

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/read-before-you-decide-carry-11962/#post316195

- orangello

Old 07-18-2010, 02:49 AM   #9

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
I recommend a holster as well. Safety first you dont want to hook the trigger and blow off thine tallywhacker. They make and sell holsters for a reason, so you can carry hot, or in canes expression condition 1, and so you avoid killing yourself by discharging your weapon inadvertently by being a gangter wannabee, waist band carrying, given gun owners and carriers a bad name, douche'. Thats just my professional opinion.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 07-18-2010, 02:56 AM   #10

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Carry with out a round chambered is like buying a hammer to screw in screws. Or driving your car while it is out of gas. Do you buy a bottle of water that is empty?

Carry ready to go or don't carry at all.