Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Road Warrior Weapon (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/road-warrior-weapon-97707/)

txpossum 09-27-2013 01:04 PM

Road Warrior Weapon

1 Attachment(s)
Damn. It happened. As a result of the nuclear exchanges of WWIII and the release of bioweapons (accidental or deliberate? we still don't know, not that it matters anymore), society collapsed; infrastructures crumbled, and the chaos reigned.

That was almost twenty years ago, and instead of getting better, things have deteriorated. No central authority. No central economy. Roving gangs pose a constant danger. And the ammo ran out five years ago.

And the worst thing: no coffee. Not a drop, and every morning, every evening, the memory of that delicious, life sustaining brew that was readily available anywhere makes life just that much worse.

Finally, out of desperation, it's time to check out a rumor that was passed around years ago . . . the rumor of the remains of a Starbucks that was abandoned with it's stocks of coffee still intact during the evacuation of the City so many years ago. It's a dangerous journey . . . almost certain death . . . but the memory of the "give me a venti latte with a double shot of expresso" is so strong that the quest cannot be denied.

So. As stated, there is no ammo left. What weapon do you choose to carry with you on this journey?

txpossum 09-27-2013 01:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I 'll start off. Here's my choice:

The Reaper, by Zombie Tools.

mountainman13 09-27-2013 01:07 PM

Throwing Bowie and tomahawk. Maybe machete too. Probably a belt knife also.
BTW It's been 20 years but I still have a pound of black powder and a pouch full of round ball.

mountainman13 09-27-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txpossum (Post 1385332)
I 'll start off. Here's my choice:

The Reaper, by Zombie Tools.

That Looks like one of those show weapons. All show and no go.
How well is it made?

txpossum 09-27-2013 01:12 PM

Um, it's the real deal. Zombie tools are useable, wicked weapons. I'm no fan of fantasy weapons. The description of this guy reads:

This 4-foot tool is truly an instrument of death. Cut from quarter-inch spring steel, she barely notices when you hit bone. With black leather wrapped around the handholds of the aluminum slab grip, this 6 pound piece of potential violence makes one ooze badassery just holding it.

The Reaper comes with Kydex blade cover.

Total Length 46 in (1.17m) Blade/Handle Length 16in/30in (.0.41m/0.76m) Weight 6lbs(2.72kg)
Steel Type 5160 Steel Width 0.25in Price $449.95US

Their other products are pretty neat too:

http://zombietools.net/tools/

JonM 09-27-2013 01:17 PM

Bows and arrows have worked pretty well for over 10000 years...

But coffee is disgusting so its not something i would step out the door for heh. Drinking mud is about on par with it

phideaux 09-27-2013 01:18 PM

Ill grab my crossbow and bucket full of bolts/arrows.

Neat tool there.

I just dont want to get that close to splattering zumbie blood and guts.

Jim

WDbeej 09-27-2013 01:32 PM

I'm glad I gave up caffeine six months ago. Now if you said it was a stash of Doritos I'd be pedaling my ass off. I'd grab whatever I could find; a kitchen knife, a stapler, someone's mailbox.

txpossum 09-27-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 1385344)
Bows and arrows have worked pretty well for over 10000 years...

But coffee is disgusting so its not something i would step out the door for heh. Drinking mud is about on par with it

You don't drink coffee? How do you get your heart started in the morning?

txpossum 09-27-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WDbeej (Post 1385359)
I'm glad I gave up caffeine six months ago. Now if you said it was a stash of Doritos I'd be pedaling my ass off. I'd grab whatever I could find; a kitchen knife, a stapler, someone's mailbox.

There's a shuttered 7-11 across the street from the Starbucks. I think they still have twinkies.