RIP Paul Walker - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

RIP Paul Walker

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2013, 07:35 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1123 Times on 515 Posts
Likes Given: 86

I believe he was a great actor and a good person for using his status and free time to help others. No I did not know him, but yes his death is a tragedy.

I choose to ignore any a$$hole comments left by in compassionate jerks. Want to be a jerk? Go troll somewhere else.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334
People Like This 
Old 12-01-2013, 07:47 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 87 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Look at the picture. The tree is halfway through the car. Even giving that the 911s are rear engine, so there's no engine to interfere, it had to be doing at least 85 (probably 90-95). There is a curb; that implies a lower speed limit (typical is 45-50, max). Excessive speed is a certainty; the question is what caused loss of control. Regarding the charity event: most celebrities are compensated (paid) for their attendance. They also get the PR. The event organizers get "public awareness" and possibly whatever contributions from people who are drawn to see the celebs. Hanoi Jane does charity events too, and she's still a traitor in my book. I got out of Emergency Healthcare because of injuries sustained on the job. I don't know this guy, I'm pretty sure I haven't seen his movies. I'm just tired of Hollywood types being canonized only because they were in a movie(s) that was well-received. Especially when they put themselves in the bad situation. We'll see when the investigation is over. "A$$hole of the year" wow! Given some of the threads I've read, that's quite an accomplishment. I'm honored.

Old 12-01-2013, 07:58 PM   #33
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6579 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmac View Post
Darwin wins again. No great loss; just another Hollywood schmuck dying stupidly. Passenger ... Ok, sure ... But he could have had the driver slow down or get out of the car ( or not get on the car if the driver was impaired).
How many other idiots, inspired by his movies, screwed themselves driving dangerously.
Any death is tragic to the friends and family, but stupid people die in stupid ways, and that's not necessarily a Bad Thing.
Hopefully someone else can learn from this and save themselves and their friends and family the pain and grief.
Quote:
Yeah, sure. Of course, "we" all do stupid things from time-to-time.

I am not wrapped around a tree and toasted (yet).

If, in the future, I am that stupid, careless, or fail the risk analysis, feel free to point and giggle at my demise, I'd have deserved it.

He's just another Hollywood twit that would rather have his fun than tend to his family. I do feel sorry for his daughter, she probably deserved a better father.
Quote:
Well, save it. I was an EMT and Corpsman; I seen a lot and heard the excuses. Would you be less warm & fuzzy if they'd have departed their path and hit a wagon full of children? I'll wait to see how the investigation goes. Exactly how does a fairly new Carrara decides to kiss a tree? Excessive speed, no doubt. Drugs or alcohol, maybe.
It's all fun until someone is injured or dead.

If they find a deer carcass nearby, I'll reconsider.
Quote:
I'll go way out on a limb and say he probably knew the driver, the driver's habits, and the likelihood of the driver's impairment, If any.

So, stuff yer pumpkin, he had other options.
Do you have to work at being such a complete and total asshole, or does it come naturally?

Jerk.
People Like This 
Old 12-01-2013, 08:00 PM   #34
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22314 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Do you have to work at being such a complete and total asshole, or does it come naturally?

Jerk.
^^^^^This!^^^^^

well said TWW! short and sweet and to the point!
People Like This 
Old 12-01-2013, 08:18 PM   #35
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22314 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

another article on Paul Walker to give some insight as to who he was and what he was about.

http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/celeb-news/paul-walker-celebrity-next-door-172457474.html
wittmeba Likes This 
Old 12-01-2013, 10:26 PM   #36
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1443 Times on 855 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The little bit I read about this guy says he wasn't the usual Hollywood jackass. But I know nothing about the guy so I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

Second, the picture I have seen of the crash the car is burned so bad that it is impossible to see how far that tree is into that car, but it ain't that big of a tree. There is also the possibility of a mechanical failure, remote I know because that seems to be a pretty new car, but it is a possibility.

There are some people in Hollywood that I would not miss but to make a blanket statement that he was from Hollywood so "Good Riddance" is ignorant and cruel at the very least.
People Like This 
Old 12-01-2013, 10:28 PM   #37

Liked 562 Times on 371 Posts

I take that earlier comment back. I recently saw a film he was in called Savages and I thought it was pretty good. I was never a big fan of fast and furious though.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:39 PM   #38
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 240 Times on 208 Posts
Likes Given: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurak View Post
I take that earlier comment back. I recently saw a film he was in called Savages and I thought it was pretty good. I was never a big fan of fast and furious though.
I have and love that movie, Savages. But Paul Walker wasn't in it. The other actor looks like him though.

Old 12-01-2013, 11:31 PM   #39

Liked 562 Times on 371 Posts

Yeah you are right. Its Taylor Kitsch. I still take back what I said. I think I had him confused with someone else. He was the main character in the first Fast and Furious right?

Old 12-01-2013, 11:48 PM   #40
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 240 Times on 208 Posts
Likes Given: 72

He was in the all of them except the 3rd, Tokyo Drift.