Rifleman, pistolero, or shotgunner? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Rifleman, pistolero, or shotgunner?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2013, 12:07 AM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpossum View Post
What do you consider your primary affinity with firearms -- pistols, rifles, or shotguns?

Mine would definitely be pistols. Up until a few years ago they comprised the vast majority of my collection, and 90% of my shooting time was with them. In the last five or six years I have evened it out some, but I still feel more comfortable with a handgun than anything else, and in times of anticipated need still reach out to a pistol before a rifle or shotgun.
Revolvers without a doubt.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:17 AM   #32

Liked 712 Times on 463 Posts
Likes Given: 1949

Rifle guy but I shoot pistols much more and therefore more proficient with them. I've just started really shooting my rifles so I'm hoping to get a bit better on them as well, peep sights screw me up

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 10-29-2013, 12:56 AM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1262 Times on 709 Posts
Likes Given: 534

Each of the three has its uses, I enjoy hunting, pheasant, turkey (shotgun) and deer (rifle).

If I could only hunt/shoot one day per year, it would be the season opener for pheasant in South Dakota with one of my 20 gauges.

But I enjoy shooting any firearm, long, short, multiple or single projectiles.

Old 10-29-2013, 01:49 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 505 Times on 363 Posts
Likes Given: 166

I personally enjoy all three, I shoot pistols and revolvers much more now except for rimfire rifles,,, n.w. Ohio is not user friendly when it comes to high powered rifles.
In my opinion, nothing is better than a good rifle, but if I could only have one firearm, it would be my 12 ga. Benelli pump shotgun, simply for it's versatility .My favorite rimfire rifle is my Marlin 39AS, I have a real affinity for Mauser bolt action rifles, my favorite semi auto pistol is my Nighthawk AAC, revolver, my Freedom Arms 83. My wife loves trap shooting and she has put more rounds through her shotguns since she started a few years ago, then I will ever shoot a shotgun, to each his own, they are all fun,, don't forget black powder arms, they are a hoot as well.

Old 10-29-2013, 02:40 PM   #35

Liked 648 Times on 425 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

I like all firearms
Dad was a big time bird hunter,quail,pheasant,dove,ducks,and geese. We hunted every weekend and even took off during the week if we happened to draw a goose or duck blind.
I was introduced to rifles and shotguns 5-6 years old,and packing a single shot 410 at 7 years old in the field hunting. I didn't get into handguns until I was 12 years old with a H&R mod. 999 22 revolver,hunting squirrels and rabbits.

Back to the question
I don't bird hunt like I once did,but still enjoy my shotguns. I'm really into handguns for hunting,collecting,and shooting. In fact i've been on a handgun binge lately,picked up two Colts last month and still shopping? lol

I'm going to have to say Riflemen.
I like running semi autos rifles,but really enjoy a good long range slick action bolt rifle,topped with some quality glass,loaded with custom handloaded ammunition.

Old 10-29-2013, 03:59 PM   #36

Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

I like accurate sound functional firearms of any type. If they meet that criteria they can live at my house.

Old 10-29-2013, 05:53 PM   #37

Liked 956 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 728

I started hunting doves and quail in Az. 46 years ago. Got into deer hunting and varmint hunting but never gave up shotguns. Had one pistol 6 years ago and now don't know how many I have. Love shooting all guns. If it goes bang and is SAFE to shoot I want to shoot it. I still hunt deer, squirrels, rabbit, doves and anything else in season.

USMC 74-78

People Like This 
Old 10-30-2013, 01:31 AM   #38

Liked 101 Times on 56 Posts
Likes Given: 146

I've only got 1 shotgun,which I haven't shot in years,and the rest are evenly split between handguns and rifles. I use to like the rifles until I got my first handgun,then about all I shot was handguns.In the last few years I started getting back into rifle shooting more and now shoot them and handguns about the same amount of time. But I do still put more rounds through my handguns each session .

NRA Member,NAHC life member,Indiana Rifle/Pistol Assoc. member

Old 10-30-2013, 01:38 AM   #39
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

I like all, I shoot all, and I will always enjoy all of them. But recently, I'm seeing myself move more towards pistols than long guns. At least for the time being.

Old 10-30-2013, 02:03 AM   #40
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1750 Times on 1079 Posts
Likes Given: 9580

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpossum View Post
What do you consider your primary affinity with firearms -- pistols, rifles, or shotguns?

Mine would definitely be pistols. Up until a few years ago they comprised the vast majority of my collection, and 90% of my shooting time was with them. In the last five or six years I have evened it out some, but I still feel more comfortable with a handgun than anything else, and in times of anticipated need still reach out to a pistol before a rifle or shotgun.
None of the above. i prefer a bow. Much quieter, and harder to pin point where the shot came from.

Firearms wise, rifle or shotgun. I don't own that many pistols. Never had much call to use them.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.