Rifleman, pistolero, or shotgunner? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Rifleman, pistolero, or shotgunner?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2013, 04:58 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 355 Times on 212 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Current fascination is with pistols. They don't make up the majority of my collection but I have a good selection. Next would be rifles and finally shotguns. My shotguns are utilitarian and used for hunting. I do occasionally shoot a round of trap but I show up with my $300 pump gun when everybody else is shooting nice O/Us.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 10-28-2013, 05:30 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 595 Times on 395 Posts
Likes Given: 673

Quote:
Originally Posted by aandabooks View Post
Current fascination is with pistols. They don't make up the majority of my collection but I have a good selection. Next would be rifles and finally shotguns. My shotguns are utilitarian and used for hunting. I do occasionally shoot a round of trap but I show up with my $300 pump gun when everybody else is shooting nice O/Us.
I see no need to spend more than is necessary for ANYTHING and a good Rem. 870, or Moss. 500 will do the job and give you some cash to buy the ammo!

Old 10-28-2013, 06:08 PM   #23
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1447 Times on 858 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by aandabooks View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by artbrownsr View Post
I see no need to spend more than is necessary for ANYTHING and a good Rem. 870, or Moss. 500 will do the job and give you some cash to buy the ammo!
I have a buddy who is a hunter only goes to the range a few times a year. He went trap shooting with us a few times with his trusty Mossberg pump. We were shooting doubles, I had o/u the rest were o/u or semi-autos. He consistently broke the second target quicker than everybody else. He was fast with that slide but faster still at target acquisition. He annoyed some guys with some very expensive guns.

Old 10-28-2013, 06:14 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2452 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4U
I have a buddy who is a hunter only goes to the range a few times a year. He went trap shooting with us a few times with his trusty Mossberg pump. We were shooting doubles, I had o/u the rest were o/u or semi-autos. He consistently broke the second target quicker than everybody else. He was fast with that slide but faster still at target acquisition. He annoyed some guys with some very expensive guns.
I went trap shooting with some buddies who were serious about it and brought a couple of friends who had never shot skeet before but were seriously addicted hunters.

Trap shooters vs duck hunters did not go over well.... We all know who won that one.

Old 10-28-2013, 06:18 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 595 Times on 395 Posts
Likes Given: 673

I went trap shooting with some buddies who were serious about it and brought a couple of friends who had never shot skeet before but were seriously addicted hunters.

Trap shooters vs duck hunters did not go over well.... We all know who won that one.

F4U, I've seen the quote "Beware the man with only one gun, it is likely he is very good with it."

Old 10-28-2013, 07:12 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6752 Times on 3670 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwDmV1KWrKQ
Jagermeister Likes This 
Old 10-28-2013, 08:10 PM   #27
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1447 Times on 858 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by artbrownsr View Post

F4U, I've seen the quote "Beware the man with only one gun, it is likely he is very good with it."
My buddy was the 4th of 5 boys, when they turned 11 they got a single shot shotgun and were taken hunting. They learned to shoot with 3 extra shells between the fingers of their off hand. They also learned not to need those shells pretty quick!!

Old 10-28-2013, 08:25 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3733 Times on 2287 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

The Marine Corps made me a rifleman.

But I'm a lover of handguns. I know more about them and enjoy the challenge of them. Don't get me wrong, shotguns and rifles can be challenging too. But I am a fairly decent shot with a rifle out to 500 yards, so I get challenged more with a handgun since I don't have any military training on them.

But I love all guns. I would love to get into serious shotgunning. Or cowboy shooting. Or anything really. I just don't have the resources to shoot near as much as I'd like.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:14 PM   #29

Liked 1123 Times on 515 Posts
Likes Given: 86

I would have to say rifleman first. I have become addicted to building long guns this year. Eeek! Thus far I've built 4 AR15's and a ground up 10/22. Also I am into reloading for my .223's, 300 AAC and .308 so that adds a level of enjoyment to long guns. But I do love to shoot pistols as well! I. Urgently own handguns in 7 different calibers. I am currently building my first AR pistol. I have a side by side double barrel that I like to use for shooting skeet, but that is way down on my list of priorities. I especially like shooting the exploding tan write targets! Doesn't get a whole lot more fun than that.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Old 10-28-2013, 11:00 PM   #30
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22314 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

i like all of them! i sometimes get in moods where i want to shoot more of one type than the others, but i am probably more of a rifleman, and that is what the bulk of gun collection is centered around.