Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Rifleman, pistolero, or shotgunner? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/rifleman-pistolero-shotgunner-99610/)

txpossum 10-28-2013 12:40 PM

Rifleman, pistolero, or shotgunner?

What do you consider your primary affinity with firearms -- pistols, rifles, or shotguns?

Mine would definitely be pistols. Up until a few years ago they comprised the vast majority of my collection, and 90% of my shooting time was with them. In the last five or six years I have evened it out some, but I still feel more comfortable with a handgun than anything else, and in times of anticipated need still reach out to a pistol before a rifle or shotgun.

SSGN_Doc 10-28-2013 12:55 PM

I like rifles best, but value the handy side of pistols. I go through periods where I mostly shoot rifles, then go for stretches where it's mostly pistols, due to ease of taking them to the range. I like to stay proficient with the shotguns to, but never had them really take a lead in my concentration at the range.

JonM 10-28-2013 01:04 PM

Rifles are my thing.

Pistols are a neccessary thing and more tool than anything. I would prefer going through my day with a rifle on a sling than a pistol in the pocket but that isn't really possible in politically correct america.

I've got shotguns but I'm not a big shotgunner.

eatmydust 10-28-2013 01:15 PM

Definitely been a shotgunner most of my life, mainly hunting.

Everything from dove to deer with my shotty. Growing up in Delaware, the only legal hunting firearms were shotguns and .22 rifles, and the .22's were only legal to hunt squirrel south of the Chesapeake & Delaware Canal, that bisects the state about 1/3 of the way down. I grew up and did most of my hunting North of the C & D Canal.

Now I live just over the border in Chester County, PA. Guess what firearms are legal hunting arms in ChesCo.? But, I'm really enjoying shooting my pistols & rifles more & more.

mountainman13 10-28-2013 01:22 PM

If it goes bang I shoot it.

boatme98 10-28-2013 01:28 PM

Handguns for me. I started out with a Ruger Security Six back in the early 1980s and quickly moved to semis, a SW mod. 39 and Walther PPK.
I still shoot both revolvers and semis.
Although I don't hunt, I've always managed to have a few rifles and shotguns around. I'm particularly fond of lever actions.

indy36 10-28-2013 01:49 PM

I have more pistols than anything but I'm a skeet shooter these days. I'd spend every second shooting clays if I could.

winds-of-change 10-28-2013 01:49 PM

I have more pistols than anything else but I do love my Henry Lever rifle.

John_Deer 10-28-2013 02:12 PM

I fire the most rounds with a rimfire rifle. The shotgun is a distant second to the rifle.

nchunt101 10-28-2013 02:15 PM

I dunno--- I have more shotguns than anything but I prefer to shoot rifles. Pistols are for packing primarily.