Ride along

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Ride along

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2009, 03:14 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Ride along

just wondering if any of you guys and gals have done a ride along with any of your local LE agency? Share stories and what your thoughts are on what you saw. I have always want to do this but havent had the time to make some phone calls to see if they allow these at the local LE agency around me.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-13-2009, 03:27 AM   #2

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

The only ride along I had was on the way to the drunk tank.

Old 06-13-2009, 03:34 AM   #3

did you sing? i mean you should have i know they're not aloud to listen to the stereo

Old 06-13-2009, 03:36 AM   #4

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
The only ride along I had was on the way to the drunk tank.
x2

Interesting view from the back seat. Especially when you don't have your glasses and are blitzed like London in 1940.

"This is not about land or money...but the one thing that no man should never be able to take from another man: the freedom to make his own choices about his life, where he'll live, how he'll live, how he'll raise his family. "

William Travis, The Alamo: 13 Days to Glory

Old 06-13-2009, 03:38 AM   #5

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

I rode along with an Ohio State Highway Patrol guy who lived in my area when I was in high school, so many moons ago. While it was cool, it was also very boring. Not much crime in my area, and I fell asleep while he was shooting radar on the interstate.

We went after 1 speeder. The coolest part was experiencing the accelleration of the Crown Vic with cop engine, cop suspension and cop tires. Of course, he would not let me drive. I also had to listen to stories of horrific wrecks and such.

I'm not sure if I would want to ride along with a cop in a high crime area.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 06-13-2009, 03:55 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I went on a ride along about two years ago. It was in one of the worst neighborhoods in town. The first two call were gun calls. One of them, a guy was driving around with a shotgun looking for his mother in law.
We never saw either of them, but I kinda' understood the mother in law guy.

We went with detectives through some crackheads place. He was a "Person of Interest" in a homicide.

There was lots of fast driving and the officer I was paired with was a cool and good guy.

One call was for a woman that was freaked out to the max. She was psychotic. Fire was called and took her away to the nut hut.

We went for dinner at a Chinese place and met up with two very nice female Leo's.

So, it was very interesting and fun and I would definitely do it again.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 06-13-2009, 04:00 AM   #7

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I wouldn't mind doing a real ride along, but with my luck I'd end up paired with the nice LEOs who I met on that one fatefull night.

"This is not about land or money...but the one thing that no man should never be able to take from another man: the freedom to make his own choices about his life, where he'll live, how he'll live, how he'll raise his family. "

William Travis, The Alamo: 13 Days to Glory