retarded new guns - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > retarded new guns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2012, 01:03 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshoots View Post
to me these guns look like the answer to a question no one asked.

LoL! Agreed.

"Remember...Wherever you go there you are."

Old 01-20-2012, 03:00 AM   #22

Liked 2062 Times on 1140 Posts
Likes Given: 1361

A lot of people will buy those guns. But they have to get them to put down the video game controller first!!!

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:02 AM   #23

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed View Post
The ignorance lies in you. The word retard(ed) has been used as a reference to development and operation long before it was used to reference the disabled.

My usage of the word is in proper context,instead of saying these guns are a step backwards. And you, sir, are out of line. Don't play moral highroad with me.

I could've been there too, since I'm in the industry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnut07 View Post
In ending I do find the use of the word retard offensive. It just goes to make the person using it look uneducated and ignorant.*

Cant we all get along, Hey if the price is right ill buy some might be fun to put a few rounds through them you never know till you try.

Posted by cddbrowns
All you young whipper snappers and your new fangled doo dads have no clue what real construction is.......GET OFF MY LAWN!

“The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory.”
Jeff Cooper

Last edited by FaTmAn; 01-20-2012 at 03:05 AM.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:11 AM   #24

My wife's close friend has a son with a very servere disability. He is 14 and still wears diapers. Just parenting him is a full time job. We used to be very careful what we said around her. Then one day she did something stupid. She blurted out "I feel like a retard". That was the mother of the disabled teen. She also works with the handicapped. She is a full time teacher.

People are just too sensitive. It is a sad state we are in where we get pissed at people for something with no malice whatesoever.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:16 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967
My wife's close friend has a son with a very servere disability. He is 14 and still wears diapers. Just parenting him is a full time job. We used to be very careful what we said around her. Then one day she did something stupid. She blurted out "I feel like a retard". That was the mother of the disabled teen. She also works with the handicapped. She is a full time teacher.

People are just too sensitive. It is a sad state we are in where we get pissed at people for something with no malice whatesoever.
My friend's brother has autism, and he does not get "sensitive" when retarded is used as a derogatory term, as long as it is not directed towards someone with a mental disability. I feel the same way

Old 01-20-2012, 03:25 AM   #26
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2405 Times on 1290 Posts
Likes Given: 861

Can we get back to the guns?

I'm waiting on a Single Action Army with a light rail.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 01-20-2012, 03:28 AM   #27

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

I used to run a million dollar printing press.

Advanced and retarded was a common term.

Rick, Soda.... I'm glad there are some men here who are modest and unpretentious.

Scott... send me a SAA and ill make it a prototype.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 01-20-2012, 03:34 AM   #28

I think it is funny that someon started building a tacticool over-under shotgun. A two shot home defense gun...really?

Old 01-20-2012, 04:00 AM   #29
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1847 Times on 1145 Posts
Likes Given: 10398

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody63m View Post
Dont you mean beerholder
You're right Woody. A drunken, after work bar bet may be the explanation we are looking for. That or somebody in R&D said, "You wouldn't!"

Seriously, if I see one in one of my LGS, I will probably check them out. I just can't see myself buying either one. They're just not the style of gun I like.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

If you can't be good, be great at it.

Old 01-20-2012, 05:17 AM   #30
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8965 Times on 5209 Posts
Likes Given: 11785

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear304inc View Post
No argument on the diction, but for her age, and them school teacher glasses ill give her diction.....
Don't argue with her. Dicker.