Reno air-show......

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Reno air-show......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2011, 01:00 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 124 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 235

Default Reno air-show......

They just had a crash at a Reno air-show and now I hear they had another crash at a air-show in West Virginia or someplace ???....Two crashes in two days......Have no pic's or video...Just found out about-it...........

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-18-2011, 01:16 PM   #2
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2128 Times on 1155 Posts
Likes Given: 769

The Reno crash was on Friday. It appears that the elevator trim tab came apart at high speed. And at the altitude they fly at, there's just no chance to recover. Very tragic event.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 09-18-2011, 10:23 PM   #3

ABC NEWS...Said it was like NASCAR in the sky...The 70 tear old planes have there wings cut down 20% or 30% and the airplanes where not built for that high of a speed that they are flying them at and this was bound to happen....

Old 09-19-2011, 02:23 AM   #4
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2128 Times on 1155 Posts
Likes Given: 769

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
ABC NEWS...Said it was like NASCAR in the sky...The 70 tear old planes have there wings cut down 20% or 30% and the airplanes where not built for that high of a speed that they are flying them at and this was bound to happen....
You push any machine to the limits of its design, and things will break. There's no surprise to that at all. But not built for that speed? Those aircraft have been rebuilt and reengineered to the point that there is virtually nothing stock left to them. That's like comparing a Ford Taurus I would rent at the airport to a Nextel Cup Ford and saying the Ford isn't built to go 200 mph.

That ABC news story probably holds about as much intelligent information as any media story we can find on all the "assault" weapons owned by civilians in the US.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 09-19-2011, 02:59 AM   #5

Only two folks know what happened there.
God and the pilot.
Been to the Reno air race a few times, could have cost a whole lot of more lives if he had crashed into the stands.
Terrible tragedy.

I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.
-Ayn Rand

Old 09-19-2011, 05:36 AM   #6

Yes..ScottA I agree with you,just stating what ABC NEWS had said...Then I watched NBC NEWS and they where differen't then ABC's Report....Go figure...It was sad that either one of those plane crashes happened...I havn't been to a airshow in a few years.....I did go for a Hilicopter ride at the Knob Creek Machine-gun shoot last year,and that was alot of fun.....