Remington and Colt Moving
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Remington and Colt Moving

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2012, 03:07 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Default Remington and Colt Moving

Remington and Colt may leave New York and Conneticut respectively over micro stamping firing pins. I say welcome to Indiana or any other gun friendly state!

Gun ID legislation may trigger exodus of gunmakers Remington, Colt

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-29-2012, 03:17 AM   #2

Liked 4716 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 1443

...and if they do, I'll buy one of each!

It's about time manufacturers walk away from States that want to attack the gun industry and It's customers. IMHO these blue States don't deserve the tax base.

Tack

Old 08-29-2012, 03:18 AM   #3

Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

It is not enough for them to just walk away, they need to stop selling any product they make to the anti-gun states as well.

Old 08-29-2012, 06:15 AM   #4
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6562 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
It is not enough for them to just walk away, they need to stop selling any product they make to the anti-gun states as well.
Doesn't that just hurt the gun owners though? The politicians would love, and endorse that idea.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:04 PM   #5

Liked 3763 Times on 1803 Posts
Likes Given: 664

When Hawaii threatened Barrett firearms, Barrett told Hawaii straight up, 'you ban my guns I won't sell anything nor help your police force anymore.'. I sent Barrett an email thanking them for standing up. Their response was swift.

I am, and encourage each of you to write Colt and Remington as well. I pledge to buy myself Remington and Colt products if they tell NY to go F themselves.

It's bad enough these liberal tin pot dictators micromanage the lives of their own constituents, but they extend their deluded visions to the nation, forcing their views and beliefs on us.

I really wish someone (here maybe?) would start a group, 'Friends of Remington and Colt', and get pledges to purchase their products if they stand up to the anti-gun dictators.

I'd like to see them move from New York and become filthy rich because of it, and I plan to help them.

Limbaugh and Glenn Beck left New York. I'd like to see all the others leave the tin pot dictator state and create a tax vacuum.

Hit them where it hurts! In the wallet!!!!

I wouldn't have even bought my colt if I knew it was made in new York. I'd rather give my money to New Hampshire, Sig Sauer.

Just like grocery shopping. I NEVER buy produce from California. Look for Florida or local instead. Every single red cent you give to these scum bags is used against you.

BOYCOTT THEM BROKE!!!!!

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 08-29-2012, 12:13 PM   #6

Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Doesn't that just hurt the gun owners though? The politicians would love, and endorse that idea.
No not at all sense both Remington and Colt will not micro stamp their product it cannot be sold in either state to law abiding citizens if this law passes. Only LE's and Military are exempt from the microstamping law. So if they stop selling all products in them two states then it only effects LE's and Military.

Old 08-29-2012, 12:17 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6562 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
No not at all sense both Remington and Colt will not micro stamp their product it cannot be sold in either state to law abiding citizens if this law passes. Only LE's and Military are exempt from the microstamping law. So if they stop selling all products in them two states then it only effects LE's and Military.
That makes a little more sense. Basically, they're pulling a Barrett if they do that.

Old 08-29-2012, 12:23 PM   #8

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Default Remington and Colt set to move production from NY & Conn

Both states are looking at legislation to make micro stamping the firing pin law.

http://fxn.ws/Ou3ru8

NEVER FORGET

Old 08-29-2012, 12:37 PM   #9

Liked 43 Times on 27 Posts

Better come to Wyoming.. im ready for a new path in life

Old 08-29-2012, 12:54 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1266 Times on 735 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

What a dumba$$ law! Most of the violent crimes are committed with stolen guns to begin with. And a legal gun owner would have reported the theft. So the imprint of the primer would serve no useful purpose. All it would do is cause the original owner a minor inconvenience.