Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Relationship pet peeves

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2012, 05:11 AM   #81
Be Here Now
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1815 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I am on my second marriage. I was with my first husband for 13 years (married for five). We both changed as we got older, but remain friends. He and his wife actually just had dinner at my house tonight. I have been remarried now for a little over six years and since we are both on our second marriage, we appreciate what we have. He's a keeper.

Old 06-23-2012, 11:33 PM   #82

Liked 1101 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 2387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl
I am on my second marriage. I was with my first husband for 13 years (married for five). We both changed as we got older, but remain friends. He and his wife actually just had dinner at my house tonight. I have been remarried now for a little over six years and since we are both on our second marriage, we appreciate what we have. He's a keeper.
Good for you two!

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 06-24-2012, 02:28 AM   #83
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 506 Times on 322 Posts
Likes Given: 111

Best marital advice I received was from a guy that was working on number 4

"take it from me, I too thick headed and it took four marriages to figure it out, it's yes dear, and then go do whatever the hell you want to do."

I put way too much time into the first one, but guess I had to wait until #2 was ready

Today went into a local store, and the owner made a disparaging remark about women and relationships. I said I'm going on nine years and couldn't be happier. He replied, she turned into a psycho after 23 years, and I'm divorced now... That explains why he's so dang cranky lately!

Old 06-24-2012, 05:26 AM   #84
Be Here Now
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux
Best marital advice I received was from a guy that was working on number 4

"take it from me, I too thick headed and it took four marriages to figure it out, it's yes dear, and then go do whatever the hell you want to do."

I put way too much time into the first one, but guess I had to wait until #2 was ready

Today went into a local store, and the owner made a disparaging remark about women and relationships. I said I'm going on nine years and couldn't be happier. He replied, she turned into a psycho after 23 years, and I'm divorced now... That explains why he's so dang cranky lately!
Divorce after 23 years blows. It does bother me though when people get nutty after a breakup and think that all men or women are crap.

Old 06-24-2012, 05:45 AM   #85
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 117 Times on 74 Posts
Likes Given: 9

once burned, twice shy. me and my neighbor both feel the same way in that if something were to happen to our wives, we are done with women.

having said that, i will never leave my wife, i love her too much, even though i have my opinions about her. and while we may not agree on all things, we are two different people. we do agree in the more important areas, kids and finances.

Brian

Old 06-24-2012, 05:57 AM   #86
Be Here Now
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedpapa
once burned, twice shy. me and my neighbor both feel the same way in that if something were to happen to our wives, we are done with women.

having said that, i will never leave my wife, i love her too much, even though i have my opinions about her. and while we may not agree on all things, we are two different people. we do agree in the more important areas, kids and finances.
I see where you're coming from. I can't say what I would do if my husband and I were separated because it will be until death do us part. However, after being married to the wrong person, I was still willing to try again, but that is another long story.

Old 06-24-2012, 01:25 PM   #87
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 506 Times on 322 Posts
Likes Given: 111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
because it will be until death do us part. However,
SWMBO reminds me all the time, "it's till death do us part, and I'm the better shot"

Old 06-24-2012, 03:53 PM   #88
Be Here Now
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux

SWMBO reminds me all the time, "it's till death do us part, and I'm the better shot"
Too funny!

Old 06-25-2012, 12:47 PM   #89

Liked 162 Times on 114 Posts
Likes Given: 256

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
On the other hand, I don't think men like women who are independent and self sufficient.
WoC, I am sure that a large number of men want a helpless dependent lady in their life. I don't think they could handle a independent woman. Not me!!!

I traveled over seas for 7 or 8 years for work, and my wife had to be the mom and dad for our 11 year old daughter(at that time). It took a lot of strength to be single for so long and never knowing when I was going to be home. I feel she did a great job keeping the yard(5.5 acres) in shape, working full time and running the lil girl every where girls of that age have to go.

I did what I could over the phone to support them both, a ten minute call once a week, and what time I did have at home was spent catching up with my girls, working 60-80 hours at work getting ready for the next trip.

I am glad that the girl I married is very independent, yes she needs me just like I need her but we can both survive and keep things under control on our own.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 06-26-2012, 01:09 AM   #90

My biggest relationship peeve is men expecting women to do everything while they sit on the couch and them listening to the little head instead of the big head when a girl comes onto them even if in a relationship already