Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Relationship pet peeves

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 09:41 PM   #641
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1815 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurak
That would work but wouldn't fly. She works at the bank
All I know is Fathead was miserable like you and had a second child to "make things work". Needless to say he is divorced. His divorce was and still is awful but was worth it because he is happy now and his youngest gets to see what a healthy relationship looks like. Yes, the child support thing sucks and so does splitting time. You just have to decide if you want to deal with a short time of misery and split from each other or spend your entire life being miserable. It's not a healthy environment for your daughter. I wish you luck.

Old 03-17-2013, 09:42 PM   #642

Liked 9193 Times on 5052 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurak View Post
That's not a good excuse. Go to a different bank. Get your own account in your name only.

That's grounds for divorce in some states, but NOT if you prove your using that money to pay the bills. Keep receipts for everything.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:44 PM   #643

Liked 561 Times on 371 Posts

She's great with money and she also works and brings in enough to almost cover the mortgage and she carries the insurance so its not all bad. All I'm saying is I don't want to feel like I'm under a microscope especially with money. The self centered thing is my fault totally, I don't spend enough time with my wife or daughtet and I am easily annoyed with both of them ....... they just talk so dam much

Old 03-17-2013, 09:52 PM   #644

Ah jeez man. Don't let them annoy you. My little squirt is constantly coming up with silly crap that has great annoyance potential.

Here's a tip: many young children can't tell what false enthusiasm is. And they get a blast out of it. Over time, it can become a game with Dad too, "how surprised and ecstatic can I act over this new gift of a... rock?"

Old 03-17-2013, 09:56 PM   #645

What I mean is she never stops talking ever, no matter where we are and she will sing the same two words over and over for an hour .......

Old 03-17-2013, 10:06 PM   #646

Learn how to tune it out? Are we talking about the big un, or the Lil un?

They make constant racket, especially at that age. She's only been talking for a short while, and her vocabulary is expanding rapidly. To top it off, it sounds silly, but she's learning what her own voice sounds like. Let her do her thing. Ask questions. Talk back to her. she'll learn what her voice sounds like, and learn that Daddy is interested in what she has to say, even if some of it's unintelligible.

Old 03-17-2013, 10:11 PM   #647

Its the little one. I try hard but dam man she's a lot to listen to

Old 03-17-2013, 10:26 PM   #648
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19483 Times on 11067 Posts
Likes Given: 49101

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurak View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
That's the first mistake I made, working for money for someone else to decide to spend.

Bro, this is gonna sound Dick, but here it is. Man up. You're bringing home the bacon, YOU pay the bills. Don't hand over your check and let her handle the rest.

This isn't that I'm trying to say women are fiscally irresponsible, or second rate, or anything of that nature. It's simply YOUR JOB.

You'll know what's going on financially in your home. You'll know how much you have, how much can be considered disposable, and one if the biggest, I mean BIGGEST, things is that you'll be showing responsibility. This will/can benefit you AND her.

You're the man of the house. Be it, and act like it. That doesn't mean to keep her barefoot and pregnant, cranking out sammiches like subway, it simply means to show the responsibility to yourself and your family that men should show.

Drop the self centeredness. This is harder than it sounds, because it isn't simply a habit, it's a personality trait.

Then DRAG HER ASS to counseling if you have to. She doesn't want divorce, but she doesn't want to work to make things better? Bull ****. Call her on it. You either get help because you can't do it on your own, or there may be no other alternative. Then who's to blame? BOTH of you.
i have to agree with Trip. this is how it's suppose to be. it's not about ruling with an iron fist or barking out orders, it's about acting like an adult and taking charge. know what's going on and taking care of business.

act like a man and your wife will treat you like one if she loves you. put away your childish ways, and being self centered when you have a wife and child, is being childish. your first and only priorities when you are married and have children is the welfare of them, whatever it takes. your needs and wants are secondary.

stand tall, be firm and fair, be assertive. be a husband and a father. i learned a long time ago, that if you want people to treat you like an adult, then you need to act like an adult.

being a man doesn't mean just going to work and bringing home a paycheck to pay the bills. means sometimes helping wash the dishes, helping her with the laundry, helping her with the cooking. want more sizzle in the bedroom? try helping her with some of the everyday chores! treat here like she's the woman you first met more often. bring her some flowers and cook her dinner. be suprised at what some cheap flowers and cooking dinner will do!
Old 03-17-2013, 10:26 PM   #649

Yeah they are. But they're like some other people too, a simple "yeah, mhmm" works nicely sometimes.

Old 03-17-2013, 10:36 PM   #650
tips his hat...
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2141 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

Quote:
Its the little one. I try hard but dam man she's a lot to listen to
She's a child man, not an adult. Children learn through doing and expressing themselves. You should more than likely encourage her to express herself. To let her be who she is and to bring her inner self out. In time, especially if she is young, she'll grow out of whatever phase she's in now and move onto the next one. On the other hand a child needs to learn discipline, to know what is socially acceptable and what is not. This can be taught through a gentle, guiding and loving hand. Kids are a joy, enjoy them while they are innocent because before you know it, you're gonna have a teenager on your hands and that's a whole new ballgame.