Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Relationship pet peeves

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 08:48 PM   #631
Be Here Now
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1815 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurak
Yeah we have explained it a lot to each other. Nothing ever seems to change. She wants another chil and I'm on the fence. We haven't had sex in over 2 months because I talk about it too much and don't show her enough affection. She loves facebook like a spouse ...... talks bad about me through my daughter sometimes and I really don't know what to do. I've got no place to stay if I leave but we have our good times too. Wtf!
Just my opinion.....but I would not have another child if you're already not getting along. I don't think it's a good idea. Counseling perhaps.....
Old 03-17-2013, 08:49 PM   #632

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post

That's beyond a little different... And past inappropriate...

I think I discussed the companionship inventory thing before. Good way to work out problems in any relationship...
Yeah, I wouldn't be opposed to doing one of those. There's a church here that may be able to help us out with that.

Old 03-17-2013, 08:53 PM   #633

Liked 559 Times on 369 Posts

Well I think she's holding out hope that I will change ....... you can't ask someone to change and not be willing to change anything about yourself. I wish I could rewind my life 10 years. As for the counseling ..... she gets pissed when I bring it up ... she thinks I'm 90% of the problem

Old 03-17-2013, 08:55 PM   #634
Be Here Now
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Well I think she's holding out hope that I will change ....... you can't ask someone to change and not be willing to change anything about yourself. I wish I could rewind my life 10 years
You can't change the past, you can only make choices that will prepare for your future..... I used to wish the past away. It doesn't work....

Old 03-17-2013, 08:59 PM   #635

I know. Divorce seems like where we are headed but like I said neither of us want it. I don't want to split time with my daughter and I don't want to pay her support so she can spend it "however she sees fit". I also don't want to have to find an apartment and sell our place. Dont wanna buy health insueance either but I know one thing ..... I'm tired of her voice, tired of going to bed miserable and waking up the same way

Old 03-17-2013, 09:02 PM   #636
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6148 Times on 3729 Posts
Likes Given: 7024

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I have no idea what was wrong with that chick. I thought she was a little different, but to do something like that is beyond inappropriate.
I don't know any woman nor have I ever known any woman who would do that. Where DID you find her?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurak View Post
Well I think she's holding out hope that I will change ....... you can't ask someone to change and not be willing to change anything about yourself. I wish I could rewind my life 10 years. As for the counseling ..... she gets pissed when I bring it up ... she thinks I'm 90% of the problem
I think she should have married my ex. Except my ex thought I was 100% of the problem. On the way home from counseling once he turned to me and said, "If you would only shut up and let me do what I want, then we wouldn't have any more problems." As far as he was concerned, there wasn't a thing wrong with him. To this day, he tells anyone who will listen that our marriage failed because I was such a bitch. *sigh*

Old 03-17-2013, 09:20 PM   #637

I can kind of be compared to him a little winds. I'm self centered sometimes and I know that's not good. I work my ass off to bring in good money, she handles the finances so naturally she knows more of what's going on wiyh our day to day expenses. I'm just tired of feeling like I need permission to spend money. She says I make myself feel that way but its her too. Heres an example. I went online today and ors ered a few parts for my new 10/22 ... 30 $ worth. Then I was playing PlayStation and downloaded a game that cost 15 $. Word for word she says ... "wow you're just blowing through money today....". I don't work hard to be hassled when I want to buy something yet I am the one who makes myself feel like I need permission.....

Old 03-17-2013, 09:30 PM   #638
Be Here Now
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
I can kind of be compared to him a little winds. I'm self centered sometimes and I know that's not good. I work my ass off to bring in good money, she handles the finances so naturally she knows more of what's going on wiyh our day to day expenses. I'm just tired of feeling like I need permission to spend money. She says I make myself feel that way but its her too. Heres an example. I went online today and ors ered a few parts for my new 10/22 ... 30 $ worth. Then I was playing PlayStation and downloaded a game that cost 15 $. Word for word she says ... "wow you're just blowing through money today....". I don't work hard to be hassled when I want to buy something yet I am the one who makes myself feel like I need permission.....
It would be extra work for you but...... Could you start doing all of the bills and give her an allowance? That's what two of my Uncles do and it works for them. That way you could put money to the side for yourself also should you decide to leave later. I'm just thinking out loud here.....

Old 03-17-2013, 09:32 PM   #639

That would work but wouldn't fly. She works at the bank

Old 03-17-2013, 09:41 PM   #640

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

That's the first mistake I made, working for money for someone else to decide to spend.

Bro, this is gonna sound Dick, but here it is. Man up. You're bringing home the bacon, YOU pay the bills. Don't hand over your check and let her handle the rest.

This isn't that I'm trying to say women are fiscally irresponsible, or second rate, or anything of that nature. It's simply YOUR JOB.

You'll know what's going on financially in your home. You'll know how much you have, how much can be considered disposable, and one if the biggest, I mean BIGGEST, things is that you'll be showing responsibility. This will/can benefit you AND her.

You're the man of the house. Be it, and act like it. That doesn't mean to keep her barefoot and pregnant, cranking out sammiches like subway, it simply means to show the responsibility to yourself and your family that men should show.

Drop the self centeredness. This is harder than it sounds, because it isn't simply a habit, it's a personality trait.

Then DRAG HER ASS to counseling if you have to. She doesn't want divorce, but she doesn't want to work to make things better? Bull ****. Call her on it. You either get help because you can't do it on your own, or there may be no other alternative. Then who's to blame? BOTH of you.