Relationship pet peeves - Page 62
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Relationship pet peeves

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 04:53 PM   #611
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 263 Times on 173 Posts
Likes Given: 88

I can't find the words to describe our relationship: it is beyond words to describe how she has made me a better man. She has been the strength of our marriage.

May the Force be with you.
An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein
A Gun-Free-Zone is nothing more than a hunting preserve for wackos.

rocshaman Likes This 
Old 03-17-2013, 05:12 PM   #612

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

What did I do to my ex everytime she said she would "f**k that"? (and that was the language she used too).

I'd reply, "mmm, so would I."

These women who say such things, yet get mad at men for the same behavior (and yes, regardless of what you FTF women say, they're more the norm than the exception, IME), they get tired of that real quick. I personally have claimed that I would "f**k" nearly every man on TV, just to make my stupid ex shut her nasty hole. Turned out, she really would f**k nearly everything.

If your significant other says they would, chances are they really would. But real world is real world, and when it comes to the real world, they're more likely to pick a real world man or woman to f**k in the end.

If she'll openly admit she'd cheat on you with Sean Connery, she'll likely cheat with Joe Smith 2 doors down too. Same goes for men. We just don't openly say "I'd tap that" quite as much in our woman's company, because we know we'll catch hell for it.

"but if a man looks upon a woman with lust in his heart, he has already committed adultery" ~ Jesus Christ. Whether you believe in him or not, doesn't matter, still words of wisdom. And the same goes just as well for women.

Last edited by trip286; 03-17-2013 at 05:15 PM.

Old 03-17-2013, 05:19 PM   #613
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3306 Times on 1861 Posts
Likes Given: 18894

The thoughts of mankind are human nature , no more , no less..!

The "Actions" , are what define the man..!

Old 03-17-2013, 05:25 PM   #614
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1817 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
What did I do to my ex everytime she said she would "f**k that"? (and that was the language she used too).

I'd reply, "mmm, so would I."

These women who say such things, yet get mad at men for the same behavior (and yes, regardless of what you FTF women say, they're more the norm than the exception, IME), they get tired of that real quick. I personally have claimed that I would "f**k" nearly every man on TV, just to make my stupid ex shut her nasty hole. Turned out, she really would f**k nearly everything.

If your significant other says they would, chances are they really would. But real world is real world, and when it comes to the real world, they're more likely to pick a real world man or woman to f**k in the end.

If she'll openly admit she'd cheat on you with Sean Connery, she'll likely cheat with Joe Smith 2 doors down too. Same goes for men. We just don't openly say "I'd tap that" quite as much in our woman's company, because we know we'll catch hell for it.

"but if a man looks upon a woman with lust in his heart, he has already committed adultery" ~ Jesus Christ. Whether you believe in him or not, doesn't matter, still words of wisdom. And the same goes just as well for women.
I agree with your quote Trip. In my last marriage things did not last because my mind did not belong to him. long story short, that causes problems.....This marriage works because my body, mind, and soul belong to hubby. Different things work for different folks but I want hubby's body and mind, not just one. I'm with you on the thinkin' it is as bad as doing it. . If Fathead didn't feel the same, we wouldn't be together. He doesn't want my mind wandering either.

Last edited by Zombiegirl; 03-17-2013 at 05:36 PM.

Old 03-17-2013, 05:39 PM   #615

So strong a thing to admit your mistakes.

personally, I've never been unfaithful, and have never been with someone who was faithful, until now.

I have other faults. Some major, some just annoying. My language is terrible (major). I'm gassy (annoying). I do have a short fuse, but after having been an item with a special someone for nearly a year, I haven't found anything yet at all that could possibly light that fuse. Everything about her seems to soothe me. The only thing that could possibly make me happier at this point is to have her nearby.

Old 03-17-2013, 05:46 PM   #616
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1817 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
So strong a thing to admit your mistakes.

personally, I've never been unfaithful, and have never been with someone who was faithful, until now.

I have other faults. Some major, some just annoying. My language is terrible (major). I'm gassy (annoying). I do have a short fuse, but after having been an item with a special someone for nearly a year, I haven't found anything yet at all that could possibly light that fuse. Everything about her seems to soothe me. The only thing that could possibly make me happier at this point is to have her nearby.
Let me preface this by saying that I have had very very few "partners" in my life......but Fathead is the only person that I have ever been with during which time I didn't want to be with someone else or wasn't thinking about others in that way. I feel settled with him. That's how I know he's the one. I knew it the minute I first saw him, as cliche as that may seem...........

Old 03-17-2013, 05:59 PM   #617
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3306 Times on 1861 Posts
Likes Given: 18894

I married late and know all to well , I can not be "CONTROLLED"..!
I can be negotiated with though..! I can't control others nor , can they control me.!

She is ,(my wife) a separate entity and is respected as such.! Mama said to me , "If you truly love something , Let it go", Well , That is true , Let go .!

Support this person as you would your best friend and not as a object of desire.! A free thinking , free spirited , and that should be more than enough.!
To share and admire that which is , not what you think it should be..!

If I needed an object to impose my will upon , I'd get a pet (Concrete Block) , not a spouse..!

Old 03-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #618

I've had my share, but not as many as some. 3 very serious relationships, which included the one marriage, plus two more relationships that would've been more serious had their true colors not shown as quickly. I'm glad they did.

Plus several women who were strictly "dinner and a movie" material (meaning they never made it into my bed).

I have actually had to utter the words while out on a date, quietly, so as to not draw attention, "I'm not going to be taking you out again."
Her-"Why?"
Me-"because you just changed your freaking tampon at the freaking table!"
Next thing I knew, she was swinging the used one around like a damn lasso while I was running for the door.

Old 03-17-2013, 06:20 PM   #619

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

That's nassssstayyy....

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 03-17-2013, 06:23 PM   #620
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7335 Times on 4413 Posts
Likes Given: 9043

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I have actually had to utter the words while out on a date, quietly, so as to not draw attention, "I'm not going to be taking you out again."
Her-"Why?"
Me-"because you just changed your freaking tampon at the freaking table!"
Next thing I knew, she was swinging the used one around like a damn lasso while I was running for the door.
You.....have.....got.....to.....be.....kidding.... me.
MobileMarine Likes This