Relationship pet peeves - Page 46
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Relationship pet peeves

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 06:01 PM   #451
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2452 Times on 1591 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

There are definitely benefits to being alone. But there is much to be said for a partnership with a good mate.
Pluses and minuses to both...

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 12-05-2012, 09:59 PM   #452
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1816 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1

Pluses and minuses to both...
There are pros and cons but being alone trumps being in a bad relationship in my opinion.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:11 AM   #453
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21577 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
There are pros and cons but being alone trumps being in a bad relationship in my opinion.
no truer words spoken! well said ZG!

marriage is a wonderful thing when you're married to the right partner, but the worst thing in the world if you're with the wrong one!
Old 12-13-2012, 12:37 AM   #454

Liked 1077 Times on 780 Posts
Likes Given: 551

SOOOOOO the life time movie network went off our programming . Only channel wife really watches , she freaked out and said she was going to get dish or pay for digital cable . Now we only pay 10 bucks a month for tivo with ..... um unofficial cable . I told her no way in hell am I going to let her pay 100 a month so she can watch a certain stupid ass channel . SPECIALLY with money being tight as it is .
Comes home and said to you want to be mad now or latter ? I said latter but give me a hint . '' TV ""
My blood pressure pop off valve is now fried open and spewing boiling hot blood at a very high pressure .
IF I SEE A TRUCK IN MY YARD ITS GOING TO BE BAD , VERY BAD .
Well I will pay for it out of my pocket and I got a good deal with the internet and we get a 150 gift card .
I DO NOT GIVE A &*&* ! , You can not fathom the **** I do not give .
Well your shows are going to ga away too !
I can deal with it and your going to also
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now I know times are different and I hold my wife high on a pedistal and we try to make most decisions together b/c...... she is kinda airheaded at times and falls quick for a sales pitch and I on the other hand am nearly impossible to sell to and when I am sold I congradulate the man for being able to do so .
I am the head of my house , I am her husband and I am a father , I am very laid back and care little about much . BUT , when I say somthing I damn it mean it , I think my decisions through long and hard .
When we were dating she had a s-10 blazer , PAID FOR , CLEAN LATE MODEL nothing wrong with it other gas drinker . I told her not to get anything , She come home with a new/used dodge caliber POS that she paid about 4k too much for .
Well its good on gas , ill save xx.xx each month on gas !
YEA YOU DUMMY , now your going to spend XXX.XX on full insurance , High taxes and a 400.00 payment , the tires on that car are more expensive and most on that car is either non serviciable or dealer has to do it .
She just dont think things though and it royally pisses me off when I explain my reasos for saying no and she does it any way or goes behind my back .
Her phone plan is about 100 a month due to data and all the other bells and goodies , for what ? She does not need a phone for work or to make money like I do . I am going to get her a jitter bug or pre paid .
Then she rails me for getting a new gun '' The Judge '' in which I told her quick that it cost me nothing but labor since the guy had no money .
When I buy something , I beat them for a deal and its value is good , its worth at least a few hundred in case times get tight . All my toys are investments and financial security . Smart phone and and cool butterfly covers from ebay are sht and worthless .
She bought two 80.00 tables for the kids to eat on b/c the she did not like the colors on one so she got two so she could swap parts and get the colors right then she has to pay shipping to send ti back !
I am tempter to put her on a allowance , she makes me so mad some times but I would be lost with out her

Danger is real , Fear is a option

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 12-13-2012, 12:48 AM   #455

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

It really seems like all of us men have been married to the same woman at one point or another...

Old 12-13-2012, 02:17 AM   #456

Liked 308 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
It really seems like all of us men have been married to the same woman at one point or another...
Yeap...
And I still "Choose Poorley" when it comes to women...Thats why I still remain single and am "Sworn to fun and loylal to none"

Old 12-13-2012, 09:27 AM   #457
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6128 Times on 3035 Posts
Likes Given: 6509

Been with My wife for 20+ years, not all bliss but far more good than bad. I didnt commit until I was well into my 30's (Most of my friends were on their 2nd wives by then), yes, that was lots of lonely nights prior cause unless I felt a Woman could be the one, all we were gonna do is date, no playing married before I was married!

Many people go out looking for a partner and end up finding piss poor substitutes instead of the real deal. My theory is live life the way you wish and want and when you least expect it, the one for you will show up. If your with someone you really shouldnt be, probably will not see or recognize the right one thats waiting for that connection right in front of you.

If your in a bad relationship, get out of it, dont wait, dont hope the other will change, dont waste time wishing for something good to come out of extending the agony of a bad relationship. Then, before you try to begin a new one, figure out whay the last one didnt work first then make sure you dont repeat it.

Lastly, even the right partnerships can have some bumps and burps. Life isnt at all like the Brady bunch, leave it to Beaver of any other fairytale! Hope for the best and prepare for the worst, have thick skin and learn to say "I love you the way you are" more than "I wish you did _______ Better than you do".

Old 12-13-2012, 10:45 AM   #458

Liked 561 Times on 371 Posts

As my wife and i work on things i feel us becoming closer. The one thing i would change is the frequency of sex ........ i could deal with twice a week

Old 12-13-2012, 10:57 AM   #459
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1816 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurak
As my wife and i work on things i feel us becoming closer. The one thing i would change is the frequency of sex ........ i could deal with twice a week
I wonder what most people feel is the ideal number of times. Given that we all work and are busy, I think 3 to 4 times per week would be good.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:04 AM   #460

Liked 561 Times on 371 Posts

That would be great for me but my wife says when things are going good 1-2 is good. I could live with that but ive gone far longer. I guess its different for everyone