You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Relationship pet peeves

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 05:49 PM   #431
The Balota's
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10883 Times on 6490 Posts
Likes Given: 16093

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurak View Post
Heres a good one. Just came out of walmart. She grabs a new area rug (50$), xmas lights and a new shower curtain totaling 80$. I mention going to get some ammo and she says "you mind as well dump money down the toilet" ....... im starting to seriously dislike my wife.
I don't agree with her but I'll tell you how she's thinking this through. She feels the area rug, Christmas lights and shower curtain will be useful in the home for a long time. This like that make the house look better and is more comfortable for her to live in. Women like to have a beautiful home. To her, the money isn't a waste if it improves the home. The ammo is shot and gone. Me? I love shooting up a ton of ammo. My house is 'rugged'. I don't particularly care to 'dress up my home' but I think most women do.

See if you two can get into counseling. Don't throw away your marriage without a fight to try to save it. You two must have seen something good in each other at some point. After all, you married.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:12 PM   #432

Liked 499 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 50

Pet peeves I can remember.

1) Leaving cute little post it notes all over the house to remind me what I needed to do daily. Not cute and after time I resented these little notes and the fact that she was writing them.

2) The "I see I imagine" game she had going on in her head. Meaning that she saw that I behaved a certain way, which was not in her perverbial book of allowed behavior, and she imagined that it was her fault and would over react thinking she was a bad person which was not even ever the case.

3) Her arguing a situation or fact into the ground just to win when she knew she was dead wrong. Kind of like winning by attrition. She'd wear you down so much verbiage that you would just throw up your hands and concede to her view to get her to shut up.

4) Calling me on the phone just minuets before I closed the store wanting to know when I was going to be home. She did this almost every day and knew good and well that I arrived home from work the same time every day from work before I would go out again.

5) Going to bed even 15 minuets before her or 15 minuets after her would incur her rath. This was a bad one and I eventually hated her very passionately for this one.

Theres more but I think I'll end here as it is bringing up much anger remembering this sh!t. Oh, and I did divorce this one in 1985 after being with her for 8 years.

Last edited by mrm14; 12-02-2012 at 07:16 PM.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:33 PM   #433

Liked 9219 Times on 5061 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm14 View Post
Pet peeves I can remember....
I completely feel your pain there. I had some extremely similar experiences.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:35 PM   #434
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4344 Times on 2793 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm14
Pet peeves I can remember.

1) Leaving cute little post it notes all over the house to remind me what I needed to do daily. Not cute and after time I resented these little notes and the fact that she was writing them.

2) The "I see I imagine" game she had going on in her head. Meaning that she saw that I behaved a certain way, which was not in her perverbial book of allowed behavior, and she imagined that it was her fault and would over react thinking she was a bad person which was not even ever the case.

3) Her arguing a situation or fact into the ground just to win when she knew she was dead wrong. Kind of like winning by attrition. She'd wear you down so much verbiage that you would just throw up your hands and concede to her view to get her to shut up.

4) Calling me on the phone just minuets before I closed the store wanting to know when I was going to be home. She did this almost every day and knew good and well that I arrived home from work the same time every day from work before I would go out again.

5) Going to bed even 15 minuets before her or 15 minuets after her would incur her rath. This was a bad one and I eventually hated her very passionately for this one.

Theres more but I think I'll end here as it is bringing up much anger remembering this sh!t. Oh, and I did divorce this one in 1985 after being with her for 8 years.
No. 3: oftentimes like arguing on this forum
People Like This 
Old 12-02-2012, 08:20 PM   #435

Liked 563 Times on 371 Posts

It just seems like she lives by her own double standards. I never complain when she spends money but its the end of the world when i want a firearm or ammo. Same thing with sex, im a pervert if i even talk about it........... she actually told me to use my hand if im that desperate ....... really makes me feel wanted and loved.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:21 PM   #436
The Balota's
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 10883 Times on 6490 Posts
Likes Given: 16093

Quote:
It just seems like she lives by her own double standards. I never complain when she spends money but its the end of the world when i want a firearm or ammo. Same thing with sex, im a pervert if i even talk about it........... she actually told me to use my hand if im that desperate ....... really makes me feel wanted and loved.

I'm so sorry. I don't know why some are so mean to those they love.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:29 PM   #437

Liked 563 Times on 371 Posts

Im not saying its all her but she minimizes my issues all the time.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:33 PM   #438

Liked 499 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 50

These days I date few different women a year and mostly the yonger ones somewhere in their 40's, but I stay single. I've had a couple of close calls in the late 1980's and early 1990's to get back into a serious relationship and one time almost agreed to get married again, but came to my senses before it was too late and run.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:48 PM   #439
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22401 Times on 12496 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Rurak, i can tell you from experiance as a person who has two ex-wives that tried to pull those games with me, and notice i said ex-wives! a marriage is a two way street with give and take on both sides and compromise, caommunication and respect for the other person. when one part of the equation doesn't follow this it's on a one way street headed for failure or lots of pain and heartache. now you need to either get some sort of proffesional help and solve the issues or cut bait and run.

i had two ex-wives that wanted to try and control me and dictate my actions and try and make my decisions for me. notice i sadi try! i have been on my own since i was 17 and taking care of myself just fine and then to get married and they want to change how thing were from when we dating! i made it to a little over a year with my first wife and almost 13 with my second wife. the first one didn't like that i acting like a man and stood up to her, so she left. no big loss there. the second learned that after her stated how i was going to be is nothing different than the person she dated, was no different now that we were married, and accepted things the way they were. my thinking is, if a woman accepts and wants you for who you are when dating, then marries you, she whould not want to change you after you are married.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:18 PM   #440
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 990 Times on 653 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

I am not the same exact person I was when I first married my wife neither is she. In 29 years we've grown together, learned together.loved each other and brought forth children.

Change is inevitable. But our fidelity to each other has not.

Become steel or get cut.
People Like This