Relationship pet peeves - Page 43
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Relationship pet peeves

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2012, 09:33 PM   #421
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 342 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueguns View Post
I made the mistake of dating a very insecure woman once, made life a hell. Everyday a new crisis. That was a lesson I learned the hard way.
An FTF member had a "No Drama Zone" sign. A man can dream.

Old 12-01-2012, 09:37 PM   #422
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1819 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I may be in the minority but I could care less to look at other people. I truly only have eyes for one. I wasn't always that way so for me I guess it just means I'm happy now.

Old 12-01-2012, 09:40 PM   #423
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 8937 Times on 5345 Posts
Likes Given: 11938

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
I may be in the minority but I could care less to look at other people. I truly only have eyes for one. I wasn't always that way so for me I guess it just means I'm happy now.
I didn't say I 'wanted' the other men I was looking at. It is like admiring a fine work of art. I like to look but when I was married I loved my husband.

It's almost like your implying those that look aren't happy in their relationships.

Last edited by winds-of-change; 12-01-2012 at 09:43 PM.

Old 12-01-2012, 09:47 PM   #424
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1819 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

I didn't say I 'wanted' the other men I was looking at. It is like admiring a fine work of art. I like to look but when I was married I loved my husband.

It's almost like your implying those that look aren't happy in their relationships.
Not at all. Notice I said "for me" it means that I'm happy. I also didn't say anything about wanting other people. I simply said I don't care about what other people look like. Sorry if you felt my comment was anything other than about me. . The older I've gotten I truly believe that beauty comes from within and for me I don't care to look.

Last edited by Zombiegirl; 12-01-2012 at 09:55 PM.

Old 12-02-2012, 12:32 AM   #425
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1389 Times on 817 Posts
Likes Given: 252

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
I hereby solemnly swear before all of you that when I get married I will not mandate what my husband can and cannot buy, I may discuss, but if we don't have money to buy what he wants, we don't have money to buy what I want.... That seems fair.
ZG has it 110% right.

SWMBO and I work very well together. Anything of any financial consequence is completely agreed to. There is never a disagreement. Sometimes I'm the ying, sometimes I'm the yang, it just always works.

Old 12-02-2012, 01:27 AM   #426
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9088 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks View Post
Mine puts her phone on silent while at work then forgets to turn the finger back on so when I call her she doesn't hear it. Then gets mad at me when I don't answer my phone while I'm trying to navigate busy city traffic in a 10-speed truck dragging a 53 foot trailer....rolleyes.

Or at the end of the workday when I'm at the shop parking my truck or unhooking a trailer she'll call and if I don't answer she'll blow my phone up and when I do answer to tell her I'm busy and ill call her on the way home she gets mad.

I told her on her next day off she's gonna ride shotgun so she can see what I deal with in a day.
Its the double standard that annoys me the most. I call home from my cell and she won't click over knowing it is me on caller ID. Even if I call again and again to tell her its urgent. The I'll give up (maybe passed the last exit for town and can't exit till I'm nearly home.) Then if she calls and I don't click over (which is a very rare) I pay hell for it. It shouldn't be so bad now that I quit leaving my phone on unless I need to make a call and then its only for something really urgent. Like calling to gun store to see if I can swing by to pick something up.

Old 12-02-2012, 02:05 AM   #427

Liked 4571 Times on 2542 Posts
Likes Given: 195

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

Its the double standard that annoys me the most. I call home from my cell and she won't click over knowing it is me on caller ID. Even if I call again and again to tell her its urgent. The I'll give up (maybe passed the last exit for town and can't exit till I'm nearly home.) Then if she calls and I don't click over (which is a very rare) I pay hell for it. It shouldn't be so bad now that I quit leaving my phone on unless I need to make a call and then its only for something really urgent. Like calling to gun store to see if I can swing by to pick something up.
I'm honestly the worst at answering my phone, I can't hear it ring in the shop and since my work pants are two sizes too big I can't feel it vibrate when I get in my truck to go home, it goes in the glove box and I ignore it. That's most my day.

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 12-02-2012, 04:10 PM   #428
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1000 Times on 625 Posts
Likes Given: 1877

My wife generally understands if I text her that i'm busy, but sometimes I forget to tell her I'm in a meeting and she blows up my phone and email until I respond. I tell her she's getting to be just like her mother is with her.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

Old 12-02-2012, 04:12 PM   #429
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1000 Times on 625 Posts
Likes Given: 1877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
I'm honestly the worst at answering my phone, I can't hear it ring in the shop and since my work pants are two sizes too big I can't feel it vibrate when I get in my truck to go home, it goes in the glove box and I ignore it. That's most my day.
Get one of those belly-band holsters to keep your phone in. You'll feel it vibrate then.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

Old 12-02-2012, 04:25 PM   #430

Liked 562 Times on 371 Posts

Heres a good one. Just came out of walmart. She grabs a new area rug (50$), xmas lights and a new shower curtain totaling 80$. I mention going to get some ammo and she says "you mind as well dump money down the toilet" ....... im starting to seriously dislike my wife.