Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Relationship pet peeves

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 11:50 PM   #391
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 788 Times on 479 Posts
Likes Given: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Oh, mygod!!! My daughter was a handful to raise. Junior high was the beginning of the nightmare that didn't end until she was about 20.

I can NOT imagine twin girls in Junior High. I will pray for you.
eat your children BEFORE they turn into teenagers!

Old 11-30-2012, 11:54 PM   #392
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 890 Times on 592 Posts
Likes Given: 1158

Quote:
Yeah, but as you get older, you don't experience that part of 'woman hood' anymore. But you still get the benefits!

Interesting. It was right about 7 years that my marriage started going bad. He moved out at the 12 year mark.

Oh, mygod!!! My daughter was a handful to raise. Junior high was the beginning of the nightmare that didn't end until she was about 20.

I can NOT imagine twin girls in Junior High. I will pray for you.
Thanks friend prayers always welcomed.... Girls allready made it through JrHigh they are Juniors in High School. I've been at this for a while now LOL

Become steel or get cut.

Old 12-01-2012, 02:07 AM   #393

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

My wife and I butt heads sometimes because she'll tell me we don't have the money to buy a $10 box of ammo but then come home with a new pair of shoes.

Tried to tell me yesterday I should buy my truck tires one or two at a time so we didn't have to finance them. I said no, I'm financing them cause its only 527 for all four, we'll have them paid off soon and its good for our credit.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 12-01-2012, 02:40 AM   #394
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7835 Times on 4524 Posts
Likes Given: 10094

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks View Post
My wife and I butt heads sometimes because she'll tell me we don't have the money to buy a $10 box of ammo but then come home with a new pair of shoes.

Tried to tell me yesterday I should buy my truck tires one or two at a time so we didn't have to finance them. I said no, I'm financing them cause its only 527 for all four, we'll have them paid off soon and its good for our credit.
Good Lord I know your pain! The other day my wife said that I use most of the cell minutes on our family plan, which is true, mainly because I am running around all the time and she calls me incessantly but on the other hand she doesn't use her cell phone very much because she leaves it on in the car until the battery is dead, and then doesn't charge it. She only plugs it in when she needs to make a call so as a result whenever I (or anyone else) calls her cell phone it is off and she doesn't answer.

So what did she do just a couple of days later? Goes in and buys a new freaking smart phone ($100) to replace the dumb phone she lost.

In the meantime I have just been leaving my phone at home and off so I won't be using any more damned minutes. Screw it. If she is gonna bitch about the minutes when she is calling me all the time just Eff- it.

Old 12-01-2012, 02:47 AM   #395
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3041 Times on 1696 Posts
Likes Given: 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
I'm not gonna downplay that pain, but you've never been kicked in the nuts either.
Fair point, but how long does that last?

Quote:
Yeah, but as you get older, you don't experience that part of 'woman hood' anymore. But you still get the benefits!
Thank God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Good Lord I know your pain! The other day my wife said that I use most of the cell minutes on our family plan, which is true, mainly because I am running around all the time and she calls me incessantly but on the other hand she doesn't use her cell phone very much because she leaves it on in the car until the battery is dead, and then doesn't charge it. She only plugs it in when she needs to make a call so as a result whenever I (or anyone else) calls her cell phone it is off and she doesn't answer.

So what did she do just a couple of days later? Goes in and buys a new freaking smart phone ($100) to replace the dumb phone she lost.

In the meantime I have just been leaving my phone at home and off so I won't be using any more damned minutes. Screw it. If she is gonna bitch about the minutes when she is calling me all the time just Eff- it.
I hereby solemnly swear before all of you that when I get married I will not mandate what my husband can and cannot buy, I may discuss, but if we don't have money to buy what he wants, we don't have money to buy what I want.... That seems fair.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 12-01-2012, 02:56 AM   #396
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1815 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

If we have the money and he wants something, we buy it. I'm not the money police.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:11 AM   #397

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

Mine puts her phone on silent while at work then forgets to turn the finger back on so when I call her she doesn't hear it. Then gets mad at me when I don't answer my phone while I'm trying to navigate busy city traffic in a 10-speed truck dragging a 53 foot trailer....rolleyes.

Or at the end of the workday when I'm at the shop parking my truck or unhooking a trailer she'll call and if I don't answer she'll blow my phone up and when I do answer to tell her I'm busy and ill call her on the way home she gets mad.

I told her on her next day off she's gonna ride shotgun so she can see what I deal with in a day.

1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
Savage Model 64, .22LR
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 12-01-2012, 01:47 PM   #398

Liked 163 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
My husband didn't think there was a damn thing wrong with him. He felt I was the problem. He was also raised to think he and his siblings were perfect.

LC, I don't know what you mean by special. I was doing for my kids what EVERY parent should do for their children. My children and I remain close and they now see their father for the lazy, selfish, inconsiderate man he is. I knew they would. I didn't have to say a thing. I just had to wait for them to grow up. All the times 'dad' promised them vacations but instead took his newest girlfriend last minute. Yeah, he's a 'prize', indeed. Except none of those women were dumb enough to marry him.

Please see if she will go to professional counseling. You guys are in a rut and you two need to learn to how act/react differently. Even if you need to, go alone. As you learn different ways to respond to her comments, she will have to change, too. If you typically argue and you learn how to avoid arguing, the arguing will stop. It takes two sides to argue.

I learned in counseling that when one changes, the other changes, too, indirectly. Kind of like dancing. The leading dancer directs where the other goes.
Winds sorry if that sounded bad. My hat is off to you and all of the single parents that do the very best they can for the children.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 12-01-2012, 02:31 PM   #399

Liked 35 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks

Mine puts her phone on silent while at work then forgets to turn the finger back on so when I call her she doesn't hear it. Then gets mad at me when I don't answer my phone while I'm trying to navigate busy city traffic in a 10-speed truck dragging a 53 foot trailer....rolleyes.

Or at the end of the workday when I'm at the shop parking my truck or unhooking a trailer she'll call and if I don't answer she'll blow my phone up and when I do answer to tell her I'm busy and ill call her on the way home she gets mad.

I told her on her next day off she's gonna ride shotgun so she can see what I deal with in a day.
You must have did something to make he that way

Old 12-01-2012, 03:26 PM   #400

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon15man

You must have did something to make he that way
No she just thinks I can talk on the phone all day, she works at a bank and can talk, I cant

1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
Savage Model 64, .22LR
Bersa Thunder .380