Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Relationship pet peeves

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 01:06 PM   #371
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9197 Times on 5054 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurak
Seriously though..... how bad is a divorce with a young child involved??
It CAN go smoothly. Unless your soon to be ex exposes your kid to drug use, sex (possible prostitution), and then kidnaps the kid and drags them across the country.

Then neglects 4 different court orders and doesn't bother showing up for court.

Your ex unfortunately has the power to make your divorce as smooth or as rocky as they want.

Old 11-30-2012, 01:22 PM   #372

Liked 561 Times on 371 Posts

I figured. Sounds like you have had it rough

Old 11-30-2012, 03:00 PM   #373
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6688 Times on 4043 Posts
Likes Given: 7958

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurak View Post
Seriously though..... how bad is a divorce with a young child involved??
Quote:
I figured. Sounds like you have had it rough
My husband left me many years ago when my children were 9, 6 and 3. Though we didn't really like each other at that point, the divorce was not contemptuous. We each had a lawyer and it is advisable to have a mediator. We split things fairly, no one tried to be unfair to the other and we went our separate ways. He wanted out, I let him go without a fight. End of story. I would never have thrown my kids in the middle of a divorce or used them as pawns in that war. I hope it goes the same for you.

When I met with my lawyer at the beginning of the whole thing, she said to me plainly and honestly, "If you want to take him for all he's got and fight this, I am not the lawyer for you. I will see to it that you get everything you deserve and are owed, nothing more and nothing less." I knew she was the lawyer for me.

I let my kids know they won't have to hear arguing anymore and we both still love them and the divorce has nothing to do with anything they said or did. I told them their lives may be better now that they have two loving homes to go to instead of one where we their parents were always angry with each other. I then made it a point to raise my kids as my focal point. I didn't date, I didn't go to bars, I worked and came home and was there for my kids every single day. They are grown and gone and now is my time to be thinking of myself and now I do go out socially. The kids didn't want a divorce, it was the least I could do for them. I wanted to give them as much security and continuity as I could in a very troubling time in their lives.

May your divorce go as 'unbumpy' as mine did.

Old 11-30-2012, 03:14 PM   #374

Im not saying im getting one just asking about it.

Old 11-30-2012, 03:15 PM   #375
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Im not saying im getting one just asking about it.
Try to work things out if there are problems. My husband wasn't willing to work things out. He just wanted out.

Old 11-30-2012, 03:23 PM   #376

Liked 162 Times on 114 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Winds, you my dear are a special woman indeed.

I am fortunate that the divorce issue never raised it's ugly head in my marriage, we had a rough time about 7 years in and both talked our way through it. We decided that if a split was the answer, our daughter should go live with Grandmaw and Grandpaw. With both of us paying child support and never bashing the other in front of her. We did a lot of things just to keep our marriage sound and our home friendly for our daughter and never regretted any of it.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 11-30-2012, 04:40 PM   #377

We are trying to work it out but women are difficult, as am i. It feels like we are roomates with a child most days and the wife has a comment for everything.

Old 11-30-2012, 06:58 PM   #378
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by levelcross View Post
Winds, you my dear are a special woman indeed.

I am fortunate that the divorce issue never raised it's ugly head in my marriage, we had a rough time about 7 years in and both talked our way through it. We decided that if a split was the answer, our daughter should go live with Grandmaw and Grandpaw. With both of us paying child support and never bashing the other in front of her. We did a lot of things just to keep our marriage sound and our home friendly for our daughter and never regretted any of it.
My husband didn't think there was a damn thing wrong with him. He felt I was the problem. He was also raised to think he and his siblings were perfect.

LC, I don't know what you mean by special. I was doing for my kids what EVERY parent should do for their children. My children and I remain close and they now see their father for the lazy, selfish, inconsiderate man he is. I knew they would. I didn't have to say a thing. I just had to wait for them to grow up. All the times 'dad' promised them vacations but instead took his newest girlfriend last minute. Yeah, he's a 'prize', indeed. Except none of those women were dumb enough to marry him.

Quote:
We are trying to work it out but women are difficult, as am i. It feels like we are roomates with a child most days and the wife has a comment for everything.
Please see if she will go to professional counseling. You guys are in a rut and you two need to learn to how act/react differently. Even if you need to, go alone. As you learn different ways to respond to her comments, she will have to change, too. If you typically argue and you learn how to avoid arguing, the arguing will stop. It takes two sides to argue.

I learned in counseling that when one changes, the other changes, too, indirectly. Kind of like dancing. The leading dancer directs where the other goes.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:39 PM   #379
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 862 Times on 577 Posts
Likes Given: 1137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
Technically your fault :P
When men have an orgasm it releases a hormone that makes you sleepy.

Now, I would trade you any day, you take the pain for 7 days every month and you can have more than one.
Oh I do,I truly dddddddoooooo.....
I have 5 women in my house....

Happy married 29 years...

Become steel or get cut.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:44 PM   #380
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 862 Times on 577 Posts
Likes Given: 1137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
Boohoo! We take more of the "load" when it comes to gettin' it on for sure. We deserve more than one.
Of Course!...Just be thankful that your number one is connected to you and has the skillz to keep them repeating...

Become steel or get cut.