Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Relationship pet peeves

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 05:29 AM   #311
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Something I'm discovering...
A person chooses to be happy or unhappy. A happy person is much easier to get along with.

Except maybe mobile marine. Still, he seems optimistic. I think I would just have myself committed and claim I'm crazy if I had his luck.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:55 AM   #312
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2227 Times on 1447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
Something I'm discovering...
A person chooses to be happy or unhappy. A happy person is much easier to get along with.

Except maybe mobile marine. Still, he seems optimistic. I think I would just have myself committed and claim I'm crazy if I had his luck.
^^^^^^The first paragraph.
My wife does things that she knows pi$$es me off to the point I wanna break drywall with my forehead. Imo, she subconsciously creates soap opera drama that makes her feel at home. Translation: more gray hair and a weaker liver for me.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 11-29-2012, 06:00 AM   #313

Liked 860 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post

^^^^^^The first paragraph.
My wife does things that she knows pi$$es me off to the point I wanna break drywall with my forehead. Imo, she subconsciously creates soap opera drama that makes her feel at home. Translation: more gray hair and a weaker liver for me.
Word to the wise from experience-fixing the drywall will give you a bigger headache than using your head to make said hole.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:06 AM   #314
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman

Word to the wise from experience-fixing the drywall will give you a bigger headache than using your head to make said hole.
If I were to put her head into the drywall, they would take my guns away. Choices...

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 11-29-2012, 06:09 AM   #315

Quote:

If I were to put her head into the drywall, they would take my guns away. Choices...
I didn't say putting HER head through it-i put my OWN head through a wall. Admittedly it was better than head butting my aunt......but not much

Old 11-29-2012, 06:21 AM   #316
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman

I didn't say putting HER head through it-i put my OWN head through a wall. Admittedly it was better than head butting my aunt......but not much
From a societal standpoint, it was better. But which would have really felt better...lol

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 11-29-2012, 06:23 AM   #317

Quote:

From a societal standpoint, it was better. But which would have really felt better...lol
Breaking her face would have of course-i settled on stuffing her head first in the big trash dumpster outside.....after I calmed down some that is.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:44 AM   #318

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 28

I rent so I don't have any issues NEXT

"If it Floats, Flies, has wheels, or F%$#$ IT"S CHEAPER TO RENT !

Thats the best advice I ever got in my life

Old 11-29-2012, 06:46 AM   #319
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6542 Times on 3633 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

All I can say is my home is a no drama zone and it will ALWAYS be one.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:46 AM   #320

Liked 114 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
He will fall asleep watching TV at 6:00 and then expect to play video games all night. If you can't stay awake during "my time", you don't need to be up playing video games......you obviously need to go to bed early.
From this original post...
Some people's sleep needs and cycles differ from others. If they cannot get the sleep they need - the way their body seems to demand it - they can suffer - healthwise.
I had a wife which was just about the opposite of your description. Awake early - but dead to the world asleep very early in the evening - then up very early.
Myself, I will often go into an extreme sleep need period early in the evening - then waken and be somewhat refreshed.
There are many cases of famous people how lived on napping - example - Winston Churchill.
My point. To try to get someone to conform to some rigid sleep routine that does not suit then can be harmful to that person. And attempting to decide what that person should sleep like is defeating - much like if someone ordered you to sleep in a different fashion than what you recognize is "best" for you.

Recognizing each person as an important person with their own important needs is very important - but is difficult for some people to accept - because control of the other person is more important to the controller.