Relationship pet peeves - Page 31
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Relationship pet peeves

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 12:36 AM   #301
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Detroit,mi
Posts: 3,056
Liked 1035 Times on 623 Posts
Likes Given: 226

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Women are very different than men when it comes to sex. Most women need to feel an emotional connection.
what fun is there in that?
__________________
partdeux is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:37 AM   #302
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dragunovsks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: West of Louisville KY,Indiana
Posts: 2,310
Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurak
We continually tell each other what we want...... seems like nothing ever changes
I know how ya feel...the two of us are rowing the same boat. Everytime I say anything about it I'm just a pervert. Been about 4 months BTW....
__________________

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

dragunovsks is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:46 AM   #303
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Gonzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,808
Liked 283 Times on 218 Posts
Likes Given: 127

Default

Brother you are not alone. I took a few courtship & marriage classes at ASU. The prof said couples have been married for over 30 years and still have "issues" w love life. I honestly didn't believe him when I first heard it, then like all PSY classes, you start reading the case histories...

Companionship inventory - sounds like the basic marriage prep classes most churches make you take prior to walking down the isle. They are designed to avoid the Vegas wedding blues, teach communication & conflict mgt skills.

Communication breakdown was the No. 1 cause of divorce in the US or at least is was in 1987 when I graduated. Believe it or not, people can have a hard time expressing what they want - especially anything of a sexual nature.

If you are not happy (for whatever reason), she has a legitimate need to know. Women are not mind readers and she can't fix what she does not know is broken. If she will not or chooses not to listen, that is another issue.

Counseling may well be necessary and Investing in your marriage is a lot cheaper than a divorce. Then again, it's just my .02

__________________

Last edited by Gonzilla; 11-29-2012 at 01:50 AM.
Gonzilla is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:29 AM   #304
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,554
Liked 8835 Times on 5111 Posts
Likes Given: 11530

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Women are very different than men when it comes to sex. Most women need to feel an emotional connection.
Well screw that!
__________________
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:34 AM   #305
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzilla View Post

Communication breakdown was the No. 1 cause of divorce in the US or at least is was in 1987 when I graduated....
Times have changed old timer
My lawyer told me that the number one cause is money trouble, and that the number one growing cause is "social media conduct". Like when you air all your dirty laundry on facebook, or like my ex, use facebook and gaming networks to set up multiple rendezvous for extramarital affairs.
__________________
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:34 AM   #306
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Zombiegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Northwest,Indiana
Posts: 4,126
Liked 1818 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

Well screw that!
Screw??? Pun intended?
__________________
Zombiegirl is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:44 AM   #307
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Cinderocka1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Laradise
Posts: 6,620
Liked 3757 Times on 2083 Posts
Likes Given: 168

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzilla
Brother you are not alone. I took a few courtship & marriage classes at ASU. The prof said couples have been married for over 30 years and still have "issues" w love life. I honestly didn't believe him when I first heard it, then like all PSY classes, you start reading the case histories...

Companionship inventory - sounds like the basic marriage prep classes most churches make you take prior to walking down the isle. They are designed to avoid the Vegas wedding blues, teach communication & conflict mgt skills.

Communication breakdown was the No. 1 cause of divorce in the US or at least is was in 1987 when I graduated. Believe it or not, people can have a hard time expressing what they want - especially anything of a sexual nature.

If you are not happy (for whatever reason), she has a legitimate need to know. Women are not mind readers and she can't fix what she does not know is broken. If she will not or chooses not to listen, that is another issue.

Counseling may well be necessary and Investing in your marriage is a lot cheaper than a divorce. Then again, it's just my .02
Companionship inventory is actually something missionaries do, ever notice when you see Mormon missionaries there are always two of them? They have to live together and they're expected to get along.
__________________

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Cinderocka1989 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:13 AM   #308
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Cinderocka1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Laradise
Posts: 6,620
Liked 3757 Times on 2083 Posts
Likes Given: 168

Default

Here's something else I've learned, well, two things...

The more you do for another person, the more you grow to love that person. I know this from personal experience,about 4 years ago my little brother wrecked his dirt bike, he spent six weeks in a wheelchair, there was very little he could do for himself, I spent six weeks doing everything I could for him, I played Halo with him almost every day for six weeks, I hate video games, after that he got a bone infection, I helped my Mom give him antibiotics through a pickline any time I could. Honestly, I love my little brother more than anyone else in my family

That being said, it has to be mutual, I had this concept explained to me as the emotional bank account, sometimes you ask someone for something and that's like a withdrawal sometimes you do something for someone and that's like a deposit, you can't continually draw on that account or eventually there will be nothing left. Here's where the companionship inventory comes in, you have to talk to each other but you have to be willing to WORK and FIX the problems, you can talk all you want but it isn't going to help unless you're willing to work out the issues you discuss.

I'll step down from my soapbox now, Sunday school is over carry on...

__________________

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Cinderocka1989 is offline  
racer_x Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:48 AM   #309
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,554
Liked 8835 Times on 5111 Posts
Likes Given: 11530

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
Here's something else I've learned, well, two things...

The more you do for another person, the more you grow to love that person. I know this from personal experience,about 4 years ago my little brother wrecked his dirt bike, he spent six weeks in a wheelchair, there was very little he could do for himself, I spent six weeks doing everything I could for him, I played Halo with him almost every day for six weeks, I hate video games, after that he got a bone infection, I helped my Mom give him antibiotics through a pickline any time I could. Honestly, I love my little brother more than anyone else in my family

That being said, it has to be mutual, I had this concept explained to me as the emotional bank account, sometimes you ask someone for something and that's like a withdrawal sometimes you do something for someone and that's like a deposit, you can't continually draw on that account or eventually there will be nothing left. Here's where the companionship inventory comes in, you have to talk to each other but you have to be willing to WORK and FIX the problems, you can talk all you want but it isn't going to help unless you're willing to work out the issues you discuss.

I'll step down from my soapbox now, Sunday school is over carry on...
OK, so why is it that over time one partner in a relationship starts to resent the things that the other partner does for them? Is it that they are not reciprocating?

And in a parent/child relationship the parent always will be giving far more than the child does, at least until the child becomes an adult and roles are reversed (though this reversal does not by any means always happen).
__________________
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:56 AM   #310
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
racer_x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Arkadelphia, AR
Posts: 966
Liked 284 Times on 229 Posts
Likes Given: 1249

Default

my wifes hair in my brush i cant stand it lol and the toothpaste thing glad im not alone i go from the bottom she wants the middle.

my second run at it too, its all about give an take on both sides!!

__________________
racer_x is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Secrets to a perfect relationship: Jo da Plumbr The Club House 7 06-04-2009 03:04 PM