Relationship pet peeves - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Relationship pet peeves

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2012, 04:58 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1817 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00
The best thing to do is, don't say anything because then it starts an argument. That's the secret!
Oh sure, I will just sit quietly and do my chores like a woman should....... Not!

Old 06-22-2012, 05:01 AM   #22

Liked 709 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
Sorry :-)

Mmmm, one of my pet peeves is whenever my wide moved in with me "just girlfriend then" she is the one that decorated everything.which is fine, but i dont have any say so on where anything goes anymore. If i try to put something somewhere,she will just take it down. Alot of times i will think something looks good but she wont want any part of it :-/
Wait... uh-oh, this sounds like a story from my future!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 06-22-2012, 10:39 AM   #23

Liked 541 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

My wife complains about me reading gun forums while she is reading FB!

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 06-22-2012, 11:15 AM   #24
CGO

Liked 11 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 47

My pet peeve is when he waits until the last minute to get something done. He's running around like a chicken with his head cut off asking me where's this and where's that. When he does that he stresses me out. When I know I need to get something done, I get it done way beforehand.

Old 06-22-2012, 11:27 AM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1930 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Problem solved.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
He is a welder and works in hydraulics etc. I know he's hot and tired when he gets home, it's just frustrating. "drastic measures" don't work. I don't mind him enjoying the games, I would just like to be equally enjoyed.....
Here in La. we have two hunters that shot something in the woods, one said it was an orangatang, the other said no I think its a welder, the other hunter says mey how can you tell, mey he's got callous on his arse and he got that drag up look in his eyes....

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 06-22-2012, 12:07 PM   #26

Liked 31 Times on 19 Posts

My pet peeve is if the tooth paste isn't rolled back up to the top. Kind of like having your pistol cocked and locked. It has to be ready when I pick it up. As to video games, I like playing when I get the chance. I have a 2 years daughter and the wife works different hours then I do so when we do get a day with one another no games are aloud. I tend to play when the house is asleep. Lots of coffee and monsters to counter the effect lol!

Old 06-22-2012, 12:34 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 163 Times on 99 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Relationship pet peeves, where do I start? First off, if I don't want everyone to know, I can't tell her or any of the in-laws. Communication is great, but I just need to vent sometimes and not get a lecture from F-I-L. I could go on but I should probably stop.

Brian

Old 06-22-2012, 12:52 PM   #28

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
He will fall asleep watching TV at 6:00 and then expect to play video games all night. If you can't stay awake during "my time", you don't need to be up playing video games......you obviously need to go to bed early.
This is going to be the typical guy/girl paradox, but more here's a top 20 list, numbered in order of importance.

1. If you think you are fat, you probably are. Do not ask us. We refuse to answer.

1. Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down.

1. Do not cut your hair. Ever. Long hair is always more attractive than short hair.

1. Sometimes, we are not thinking about you. Live with it.

1. Do not ask us what we are thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as custom trigger jobs, the shotgun formation, and kinky sex

1. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine. Really.

1. You have enough clothes. You have too many shoes.

1. Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one: Subtle hints do not work. Strong hints do not work. Obvious hints do not work. Just say it!

1. No, we do not know what day it is. We never will. We remember dates like you remember to change the oil in your car or check your tire pressure. Mark anniversaries on a calendar. Remind us frequently beforehand.

1. Most guys own three pairs of shoes - tops. What makes you think we'd be any good at choosing which pair, out of thirty, would look good with your hand bag?

1. Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.

1. Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That's what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.

1. If you won't dress like the Victoria's Secret girls, don't expect us to act like soap opera guys.

1. You can either ask us to do something OR tell us how you want it done, not both. If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.

1. Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during commercials.

1. Christopher Columbus did not need directions, and neither do we.

1. ALL men see in only 16 colors, like windows default settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is.

1. If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that.

1. We are not mind readers and we never will be. Our lack of mind-reading ability is not proof of how little we care about you.

1. If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing," we will act like nothing's wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.

Last edited by PrimePorkchop; 06-22-2012 at 01:02 PM.
People Like This 
Old 06-22-2012, 01:09 PM   #29

Liked 164 Times on 116 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
He is a welder and works in hydraulics etc. I know he's hot and tired when he gets home, it's just frustrating. "drastic measures" don't work. I don't mind him enjoying the games, I would just like to be equally enjoyed.....
As a former welder I understand the hot and tired aspect....but can there be a medical reason for the naps? Sleep Apnea is hard for him to figure out, if he holds his breath or just stops breathing while he sleeps have a sleep survey done and get it fixed fast. I feel it saved my life.

Now up on my soap box I go. I hate when we are going somewhere and she waits until 50 minutes before we HAVE to leave to start getting ready knowing it will take 1-1/2 hrs for her to go thru the routine and walk out the door.

If she wants to go somewhere she can do it in 45 minutes...what the

Another one is one that I do not have a problem with as this was a deal breaker while dating, that is trying to change me. I am pretty much face value, what you see is what you get, every day all day. If you don't like it OH well Buh-Bye.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 06-22-2012, 02:17 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1817 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri70
My wife complains about me reading gun forums while she is reading FB!
That's funny!