Relationship pet peeves - Page 15
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Relationship pet peeves

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2012, 03:54 PM   #141
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedpapa
I feel I am kinda old fashioned in that when we got married, we became one with everything. Now I can see why some people don't get married and just live together. I also feel that as the husband and father, I am the head of the household. And while she may not agree with my decisions, I am in charge. Now that does not mean that I make decisions without talking to her. However, I would hope that she trusts me enough to know that I have her and the kids best interests in mind.
I don't know really who has the authority around here. Lol, we make decisions together, as far as the house an stuff with my work, that's her world. We do our best to talk everything out, I'm stubborn as all get out though. Whatever were doing, works. I am old fashioned in a lot of ways, but have had to push that back.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 06-26-2012, 03:56 PM   #142
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7300 Times on 4391 Posts
Likes Given: 8947

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedpapa View Post
I feel I am kinda old fashioned in that when we got married, we became one with everything. Now I can see why some people don't get married and just live together. I also feel that as the husband and father, I am the head of the household. And while she may not agree with my decisions, I am in charge. Now that does not mean that I make decisions without talking to her. However, I would hope that she trusts me enough to know that I have her and the kids best interests in mind.

I never could understand what makes a man think his decisions for his family are better decisions than the ones the woman would make. I know many women that have much more logic, common sense than their men. I raised my kids on my own after my husband left. I did pretty damned well making decisions for myself and my children.

Sometimes the men are better at some things then the women.......and vice versa. If that is the case, then each handles what they are best at.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:17 PM   #143
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 162 Times on 98 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I never said I make the right decisions, but I do make them thinking of my family.

Brian

Old 06-26-2012, 04:19 PM   #144
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1817 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear304inc

great isn't it? I'm not rich by any stretch but damn I'm happy, got the love of my life, two great kids and our health. I'm a lucky man and I know it.
But I digress: isn't this a peeve thread? Uh,,,,, she does stick her cold azz feet on me under the blankets,,,,, does that count?
Here are some of his for me for sure. He's trying to be nice.....
1) As previously mentioned I usually don't know what I want to eat or don't want what he wants.
2) I wait until he just sat down to ask him if he can get me something. (this probably should have been number 1).
3) I refuse to crawl in front of the TV when he's playing video games. Haha. Couldn't resist that one.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:23 PM   #145

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl

Here are some of his for me for sure. He's trying to be nice.....
1) As previously mentioned I usually don't know what I want to eat or don't want what he wants.
2) I wait until he just sat down to ask him if he can get me something. (this probably should have been number 1).
3) I refuse to crawl in front of the TV when he's playing video games. Haha. Couldn't resist that one.
The just sitting down then asking thing! What's with that crap!? Wife does that to me constantly. I'll get into bed to relax and just as I settle
In, " honey can you get this or that..." Drives me crazy!! Lol.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:25 PM   #146
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00
My wife(aka Zombiegirl) means everything to me. We do EVERYTHING together, we go every where together. We've never been apart besides work for over 6 years except when I went for my sleep study(I slept like ****). I always tell her that she is the missing piece to my puzzle. People were against us in the beginning because we were both married before, but to me it was more jealousy. She's my wife and my best friend!!! We pretty much like the same stuff, that's always a plus!!!
Thanks honey for typing what you were told. Now you won't get beat tonight. Heehee. Love you and feel the same.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:27 PM   #147
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7300 Times on 4391 Posts
Likes Given: 8947

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
I refuse to crawl in front of the TV when he's playing video games. Haha. Couldn't resist that one.
That is soooo funny.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:28 PM   #148
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater

The just sitting down then asking thing! What's with that crap!? Wife does that to me constantly. I'll get into bed to relax and just as I settle
In, " honey can you get this or that..." Drives me crazy!! Lol.
I at least don't do it when he's in bed, just sitting on the couch. Sometimes I just forget until he sits. It's as if his butt hitting the couch cushion is the magical tool that I need to regain my memory of what I needed. Haha

Old 06-26-2012, 04:32 PM   #149
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

That is soooo funny.
Now his daughter expects me to Mission Impossible myself too. When I walk by the TV ( quickly I might add) she'll say "Tracy, you just got me killed". Sooooo sorry.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:39 PM   #150

Liked 1098 Times on 658 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl

I at least don't do it when he's in bed, just sitting on the couch. Sometimes I just forget until he sits. It's as if his butt hitting the couch cushion is the magical tool that I need to regain my memory of what I needed. Haha
What about carrying all your crap to bed because your arms are broken!!!!!! I love you!!! Yea the just sit down thing should be NUMBER 1.