Relationship pet peeves - Page 13
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Relationship pet peeves

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2012, 05:30 AM   #121
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear304inc

That sucks bro, she have guy trouble before you? I mean did someone cheat on her? I had similar issues early on, I just started inviting her to go with me, then when shed go she would be bored out of her mind ( love her more than anything but a lil guy time is important, so id make sure we were especially boring) I mean don't even talk to your buddy, just eat your burger slow and watch the game on tv, couple of times of that she'll realize she's got nothing to worry about, you aren't going to be having any fun so it'll be ok. Oh qnd she won't want to go....lmao
Shes had flings but I've been her first serious relationship.. if im not at home its work if its not work them im home. I give in alot but im sticking to my guns on this one sometimes guys get sick of being ***** whipped

Old 06-26-2012, 05:40 AM   #122

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoprepper

Shes had flings but I've been her first serious relationship.. if im not at home its work if its not work them im home. I give in alot but im sticking to my guns on this one sometimes guys get sick of being ***** whipped
I hear ya, just guessing but you got young kids?, a lot of times the ladies get insecure after kids, she go out with her friends, maybe you should go out with another couple ( I know, I know that sounds gay) and it is, ( i hate going out with other couples) but she may need to get out too, and may want to be with you, just be sure to include her the best you can,, young mothers/ GF's just don't like feeling your trying to "get away" from them.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:50 AM   #123

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear304inc

I hear ya, just guessing but you got young kids?, a lot of times the ladies get insecure after kids, she go out with her friends, maybe you should go out with another couple ( I know, I know that sounds gay) and it is, ( i hate going out with other couples) but she may need to get out too, and may want to be with you, just be sure to include her the best you can,, young mothers/ GF's just don't like feeling your trying to "get away" from them.
That's the thing she goes with her mom and friends while I watch the little ones ad I dont bitch.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:58 AM   #124

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear304inc View Post
Oh I gotta say been married 10 years to my high school sweetheart dating 7 years before that (had to make sure, I don't take marriage lightly), been through all the crap, fights, disagreements, but have a great marriage.
So I think my biggest peev now would be the dreaded " what do you want for dinner" debate, I say one thing she'll say nooo, I say another, ,still noooo, Why even ask me, I'm 6'2" 260#, clearly I'll eat just about anything! Just cut the bs and just tell me what's for dinner!
I'm not picky, I'm hungry,,do we have to have the same moth@#$&&*ing conversation EVERY NIGHT??????? ok just breath, just breath....
Other than that life is sweet.
Quoted for truth! My standard answer is whatever you want is fine. Then I get told that I'm not helping. So I make a suggestion and I'm told we don't have any of that or she'll have to go to the store for that. It's a no-win situation.

Old 06-26-2012, 06:40 AM   #125
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop View Post
This is going to be the typical guy/girl paradox, but more here's a top 20 list, numbered in order of importance.

1. If you think you are fat, you probably are. Do not ask us. We refuse to answer.

1. Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down.

1. Do not cut your hair. Ever. Long hair is always more attractive than short hair.

1. Sometimes, we are not thinking about you. Live with it.

1. Do not ask us what we are thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as custom trigger jobs, the shotgun formation, and kinky sex

1. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine. Really.

1. You have enough clothes. You have too many shoes.

1. Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one: Subtle hints do not work. Strong hints do not work. Obvious hints do not work. Just say it!

1. No, we do not know what day it is. We never will. We remember dates like you remember to change the oil in your car or check your tire pressure. Mark anniversaries on a calendar. Remind us frequently beforehand.

1. Most guys own three pairs of shoes - tops. What makes you think we'd be any good at choosing which pair, out of thirty, would look good with your hand bag?

1. Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.

1. Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That's what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.

1. If you won't dress like the Victoria's Secret girls, don't expect us to act like soap opera guys.

1. You can either ask us to do something OR tell us how you want it done, not both. If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.

1. Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during commercials.

1. Christopher Columbus did not need directions, and neither do we.

1. ALL men see in only 16 colors, like windows default settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is.

1. If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that.

1. We are not mind readers and we never will be. Our lack of mind-reading ability is not proof of how little we care about you.

1. If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing," we will act like nothing's wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.
Porkchop sums it up pretty well. I would add:

1. Don't ask for our opinion unless you want it. And yes, what we answer with is our opinion, not what we think you want to hear.

1. Don't ask us what time we will be home if you know we don't have a clue. That hasn't worked for the past 20 years and its not going to change now.

1. It is just as rude for you to interrupt us when we are talking as it is when we interrupt you. Don't act like it isn't.

(too many more to list)

Old 06-26-2012, 08:22 AM   #126
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8666 Times on 5171 Posts
Likes Given: 11418

Quote:
Still in the dog house for telling this one " why do doctors spank babies when they're born?
To knock the peckers off the stupid ones......"
Sorry ladies....
Quote:
Couldn't resist that one, gets me in trouble every time, but I still tell it,,,,,, maybe it is to knock em off the smart ones,, I dunno anymore,, lol
This says it all...............

Old 06-26-2012, 12:50 PM   #127

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
What can be troublesome?
Being slept on, appearing to be ignored, then when the Wow raid starts, he's out of service till after midnight and you've already gone to bed, if habitual then I could understand.
The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 06-26-2012, 02:12 PM   #128

Liked 1101 Times on 659 Posts
Likes Given: 55

My wife(aka Zombiegirl) means everything to me. We do EVERYTHING together, we go every where together. We've never been apart besides work for over 6 years except when I went for my sleep study(I slept like ****). I always tell her that she is the missing piece to my puzzle. People were against us in the beginning because we were both married before, but to me it was more jealousy. She's my wife and my best friend!!! We pretty much like the same stuff, that's always a plus!!!

Old 06-26-2012, 02:20 PM   #129

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00
My wife(aka Zombiegirl) means everything to me. We do EVERYTHING together, we go every where together. We've never been apart besides work for over 6 years except when I went for my sleep study(I slept like ****). I always tell her that she is the missing piece to my puzzle. People were against us in the beginning because we were both married before, but to me it was more jealousy. She's my wife and my best friend!!! We pretty much like the same stuff, that's always a plus!!!
great isn't it? I'm not rich by any stretch but damn I'm happy, got the love of my life, two great kids and our health. I'm a lucky man and I know it.
But I digress: isn't this a peeve thread? Uh,,,,, she does stick her cold azz feet on me under the blankets,,,,, does that count?

Old 06-26-2012, 02:57 PM   #130
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

My pet peeve? People that use something, then don't put it back where they found it. What's even worse is if it's not in the same condition it was in when they found it. There is nothing worse to me than to need something, have to hunt for it because it's not where it belongs, and then either have to clean it or repair it before I can use it. In my book that's close to a hanging offense.