Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Relationship pet peeves (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/relationship-pet-peeves-66887/)

Zombiegirl 06-22-2012 03:27 AM

Relationship pet peeves

He will fall asleep watching TV at 6:00 and then expect to play video games all night. If you can't stay awake during "my time", you don't need to be up playing video games......you obviously need to go to bed early.

MrWray 06-22-2012 03:31 AM

A little testy tonight are we? Lol

Let him play some video games :-)

BigByrd47119 06-22-2012 03:31 AM

Not much advise to give but to tell you to tell him you want him to spend time with you...awake...and that (although you understand video games are important to him (and one of the reasons you love him...right?)) video games should not take priority over you and your relationship.

Make sure you let him know its a serious concern.

Us guys need women to be forward with us. Dont tell me to be romantic and be upset when I dont meet your expectations. Im not a mind reader and I can be happy by making you happy if ya just tell me how!

Imagine who had that talk recently...

ScottA 06-22-2012 03:33 AM

No, we do not know what you are thinking. And yes, we are that dense.

BigByrd47119 06-22-2012 03:34 AM

Also...my peeve is facebook...its a great way to make someone feel unimportant. Spend too much time on it and your significant other will start looking for other ways to waste his/her time, and that can be trouble.

Zombiegirl 06-22-2012 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrWray
A little testy tonight are we? Lol

Let him play some video games :-)

He plays pretty much every night from 9 or 10 pm until past Midnight. On the weekends it's a lot later. He knows I don't care about that but that I care if he's falling asleep while he's supposed to be spending time with me. And you were supposed to share a pet peeve of yours......

Zombiegirl 06-22-2012 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigByrd47119
Also...my peeve is facebook...its a great way to make someone feel unimportant. Spend too much time on it and your significant other will start looking for other ways to waste his/her time, and that can be trouble.

That's why we have a joint FB account. Then everything is alright.

Zombiegirl 06-22-2012 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigByrd47119
Not much advise to give but to tell you to tell him you want him to spend time with you...awake...and that (although you understand video games are important to him (and one of the reasons you love him...right?)) video games should not take priority over you and your relationship.

Make sure you let him know its a serious concern.

Us guys need women to be forward with us. Dont tell me to be romantic and be upset when I dont meet your expectations. Im not a mind reader and I can be happy by making you happy if ya just tell me how!

Imagine who had that talk recently...

I am very outspoken and he knows exactly what I want. No cryptic messages from this girl.

BigByrd47119 06-22-2012 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombiegirl

I am very outspoken and he knows exactly what I want. No cryptic messages from this girl.

What does he do for a living? I have know several friends with the exact problem you are having with him and they eventually stopped their addiction because of either work or women (usually a new woman having not had one previously). Dunno what other advice to offer other than "drastic measures."...

MrWray 06-22-2012 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombiegirl

He plays pretty much every night brom 9 or 10 pm until past Midnight. On the weekends it's a lot later. He knows I don't care about that but that I care if he's falling asleep while he's supposed to be spending time with me. And you were supposed to share a pet peeve of yours......

Sorry :-)

Mmmm, one of my pet peeves is whenever my wide moved in with me "just girlfriend then" she is the one that decorated everything.which is fine, but i dont have any say so on where anything goes anymore. If i try to put something somewhere,she will just take it down. Alot of times i will think something looks good but she wont want any part of it :-/