regretable purchases - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > regretable purchases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2010, 08:05 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 62 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Almost too many stupid things to mention (nod to JD on the exercise equipment), but the dumbest FIREARMS related purchase....was my former Taurus Judge.

On the bright side, I did get pretty good trade value towards a nice rifle....so I got that goin' for me.

Old 02-16-2010, 08:07 PM   #12

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Sham WOW

If I could get my hands on vince I would choke slam his ass right in the biggest pile of dog sh!t I could find. $20 I paid for them dam things that couldn't get wet if you tied a 500# weight on them and sent them to the bottom of the Marin trench. DIRTY SOB. I tried to dry my dog off 35# of very short coat dog. I think she was more wet when I got done with the dam thing than when she was getting bathed. Not sure how that works but I swear she was more wet when I was done. She hated them so bad she ran down stairs and pissed on the couch. So Vince you owe me for the stupid shamwow's and a couch cleaning. I am just a little pissed about them.

I just paid $50 for a pillow too. We will see how that turns out. Yes I bought a sobakowa air bead pillow. It says $19.95 yeah that is for the kiddy size one If you are like me and have a KING size bed your going to be dropping $49.95 but wait you get a FREE pillow sham as well............
Makes you wonder how bad Billy Mayes screwed someone over huh?
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Last edited by DarinCraft; 02-16-2010 at 08:10 PM.

Old 02-16-2010, 08:07 PM   #13

High point 9MM. Would have had better luck throwing it at something than shooting at something with it.

Old 02-16-2010, 08:09 PM   #14

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
Almost too many stupid things to mention (nod to JD on the exercise equipment), but the dumbest FIREARMS related purchase....was my former Taurus Judge.

On the bright side, I did get pretty good trade value towards a nice rifle....so I got that goin' for me.

"Upon your death bed you will achieve inner peace. So yeah, I go that goin' for me."
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 02-16-2010, 08:39 PM   #15

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts

Back in the late 80's I bought a "portable" CD player that came with 2 external speakers from QVC or someone on TV. It showed people jogging with it and supposedly had some new "no skip" technology. I way over paid for it.

The external speakers were crap and crackled if the volume was turned up over level 3. In a soft breeze, the CD would skip and then the player would stop. I guess that was the "no skip" technology. It should have been called "no play" technology.

Other than that, I would say the engagement and wedding ring for the ex-wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 02-16-2010, 08:45 PM   #16

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Let's just leave it at...

It didn't get any bigger!!!

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 02-16-2010, 09:36 PM   #17

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Springfield 1911 GI .45.......enough said.
I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 02-16-2010, 11:35 PM   #18

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo da Plumbr View Post
Let's just leave it at...

It didn't get any bigger!!!
HAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAA

You got suckered by smilin BOB......

LOL......

Old 02-16-2010, 11:50 PM   #19

Liked 62 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Back in the late 80's I bought a "portable" CD player that came with 2 external speakers from QVC or someone on TV. It showed people jogging with it and supposedly had some new "no skip" technology. I way over paid for it.

The external speakers were crap and crackled if the volume was turned up over level 3. In a soft breeze, the CD would skip and then the player would stop. I guess that was the "no skip" technology. It should have been called "no play" technology.

Other than that, I would say the engagement and wedding ring for the ex-wife.
Man, I've burned through so many electronic crap things I can't even tell you. I'm a real sucker for electronics.

The first Dell laptop I bought in 1996. I called Dell and had it built. It had the best of everything, the fastest processor (300 hz or something really puny, but it was the fastest back then), the biggest hard drive (of course, like 300 megabytes, which was HUGE at the time....not even gigabytes), the works. A 13.3-inch monitor...huge at the time.

I paid $3,300 for it.

Old 02-17-2010, 12:13 AM   #20

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 4

A LiveStrong treadmill built by Johnson Tech. $1200.00 used twice and it broke, and has been broken for a month with no tech support other than the company shipping a box full of components to the house.

Damned thing isn't even big enough to hang clothes on like my BowFlex!!