regretable purchases
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > regretable purchases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2010, 06:30 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default regretable purchases

This thread is going to be for the dumbest **** you have bought and regretted immediately. I am starting this thread because I am now a member of this extremely large club.

I made a purchase of over 200 knives from the knife show and am in the process of trying to cancel my order.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-16-2010, 06:34 PM   #2

Liked 23 Times on 7 Posts

We finally became pretty financially OK in 1983 so I told spouse she could pick out any car she wanted. She looked for quite a while and finally picked a Dodge 600 (she loved the fact that it talked).

Did my best to talk her out of it but no joy. A bigger POS was never made by Detroit and it literally fell apart in 3 years. It was nearly 20 years before we bought another American made vehicle - and that was a Ford truck...

Old 02-16-2010, 06:42 PM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I used to live in hotel rooms for about 5 years of my life as a traveling contractor.

Once the work day was done, there wasn't much to do if you didn't want to drink your paycheck away or hand it all over to some stripper.

One night I was flipping the 13 or so channels and got stuck on some stupid infomercial for this revolutionary new ab machine that could be used even in your hotel room on vacation.

Now, who doesn't want washboard abs, right?

I was just looking for pictures to show you all how stupid this little thing is, but I can't find any and I don't remember what it was called.

It was this 12" x 12" green platform that had four wheels, like the kind used by inline skaters, but the really cheap ones. Then it had pieces of surgical tubing that were attached and had handles on them. You put your knees on the trolley, pulled the surgical tubing way out and pinned them to the floor, then you used your ab muscles to scoot the trolley all the way up to where your hands were, and then back out to full extension again.

Dumbest

Purchase

EVA!!

I used it like 4 times and finally left it in my hotelroom when I changed locations.

I think it cost me like $50 too. Suckered! *party of me*

Old 02-16-2010, 06:48 PM   #4

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Davis derringer. In 22lr. As a back up gun.

To my Davis .380 auto.

Which was my carry piece.

Both of which I got new, for less than $200.

Live and learn.

Old 02-16-2010, 06:51 PM   #5
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2002 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 4218

I will rat the wife out on this! She picked it out and I paid $19.95 DVD Internet Dating. Once the DVD started rolling, my comments started very lame, watching noodles boil is better!

I inturn accidentally dropped the DVD in the shredder.

Old 02-16-2010, 07:13 PM   #6

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Sham WOW

If I could get my hands on vince I would choke slam his ass right in the biggest pile of dog sh!t I could find. $20 I paid for them dam things that couldn't get wet if you tied a 500# weight on them and sent them to the bottom of the Marin trench. DIRTY SOB. I tried to dry my dog off 35# of very short coat dog. I think she was more wet when I got done with the dam thing than when she was getting bathed. Not sure how that works but I swear she was more wet when I was done. She hated them so bad she ran down stairs and pissed on the couch. So Vince you owe me for the stupid shamwow's and a couch cleaning. I am just a little pissed about them.

I just paid $50 for a pillow too. We will see how that turns out. Yes I bought a sobakowa air bead pillow. It says $19.95 yeah that is for the kiddy size one If you are like me and have a KING size bed your going to be dropping $49.95 but wait you get a FREE pillow sham as well............

Old 02-16-2010, 07:18 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
Davis derringer. In 22lr. As a back up gun.

To my Davis .380 auto.

Which was my carry piece.

Both of which I got new, for less than $200.

Live and learn.

Jennings .25 semi-auto. Thought it was such a great deal for my wife for her first little carry gun until she looked it up on the interweb and saw that it sold for $30 bucks less anywhere than where we just bought it. Sold it that day to a pawn broker for a $25 loss. Oh and wife also noticed it was listed as a "Saturday Night Special"... Not my best showing.

GCA Member and NRA Life Member

Old 02-16-2010, 07:23 PM   #8

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
I will rat the wife out on this! She picked it out and I paid $19.95 DVD Internet Dating. Once the DVD started rolling, my comments started very lame, watching noodles boil is better!

I inturn accidentally dropped the DVD in the shredder.
Got to wonder why you and your WIFE are watching internet dating???

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 02-16-2010, 08:16 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I had better not answer this one as to what the purchase was, but let me just raise my hand as a fellow dumbarse who bought something that sounded fun and wasn't, exactly.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 02-16-2010 at 08:59 PM.

Old 02-16-2010, 08:57 PM   #10

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

"TWO WAY" air ticket to US
“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE